• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce in absentia.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Divorce in absentia.

    Hi. I'm looking for some advice about getting a divorce when you have no idea where your ex-partner lives. I've been separated for well over five years and have been trying to track down my ex-husband to initiate divorce proceedings but he has disappeared. I've spoken to a number of in laws and friends but no one has a clue as he has severed contact with all of them. I'm fairly certain that he lives somewhere abroad but where, I have no idea. I did visit citizens advice and they did help a bit but didn't seem to know too much other than I don't need his agreement because of being separated over five years and that I needed to provide evidence that I had tried to find him. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

justbeagle screenshot

Find a Law Firm NOW

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm