• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ex refused to sign transfer of equity

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ex refused to sign transfer of equity


    I'm divorced and have made a consent order where I agreed to pay my ex a lump sum as his share of the house. I continue to live in the marital house with my 10 year old son. I'm now in the position to remortgage. Ex agreed to have his name removed from the mortgage verbally. But when the paperwork comes, he refused to sign it. He said it's not in the consent order. From what I can understand, I can do whatever I want with the house once my ex received the lump sum/his share of the house. There's a statement on the order
    'on or before the determining event the applicant respondent wife shall have the right to purchase the respondent petitioner husband's interest in the property for nil consideration'

    Where do I stand in this situation? Will I be able to bring my ex to court because I've already buy him out.
    He hasn't contributed towards the mortgage for the last 5 years and to this date.
    Anybody in the similar situation before? Advice please.

    Many thanks.


    Tags: None

  • #2
    Can you post the consent order in full please? Redacting names of course.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

    justbeagle screenshot

    Find a Law Firm NOW

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm