• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I Avoid Signing the Divorce Papers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Avoid Signing the Divorce Papers?

My husband moved temporarily, as I thought, to another state due to his work. At that time he was saying that he gonna earn some money for family. His calls were more and more rarer, past half of year he stoped answering my calls. He's probably having an affair on side, but we can't talk about it since he's completely ignoring me. Two days ago I recieved a divorce petition from him - it was send via email. My following question is - can i ignore divorce petition and not sign it? What's gonna be in that case? And how divorce process is gonna be if he is currently living in another state?

t, to another state //// ??? this is a UK site??

is there a walk in center nearby you could get help with this subject I???

Comment

I'm sorry, there wasn't any disclaimer that you provide legal support in UK only Local legal service I was consulting with recommended me to hire a lawyer if I don't want mutual divorce. And to be honest - I haven't even decided yet, I don't know what to do. My husband wants to sign divorce papers as soon as possible, he emailed me copy of documents from company https://onlinedivorcer.com that filled divorce forms. Is it legal if he uses services like that anyway? Can I simply ignore them? Besides, I haven't received a printed copy yet. I'll be very grateful for any advice that be given!

Comment

we have on line divorce companies 0= but as I see it only straight forward ones. asked somebody to pop in here for you!

Comment

Originally posted by SophiaJones View Post
          My husband moved temporarily, as I thought, to another state due to his work. At that time he was saying that he gonna earn some money for family. His calls were more and more rarer, past half of year he stoped answering my calls. He's probably having an affair on side, but we can't talk about it since he's completely ignoring me. Two days ago I recieved a divorce petition from him - it was send via email. My following question is - can i ignore divorce petition and not sign it? What's gonna be in that case? And how divorce process is gonna be if he is currently living in another state?
          Hi Sophia. We are all terribly sorry to hear about this, but we really cannot advise you about the law in the USA. Besides that, it probably varies from state to state, and you haven't said which one you are in.

Are you on your own now, or do you have children? It does sound as though your marriage is over, in practical terms, if you haven't spoken for half a year, but there's still finances to sort out.

Wishing you all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by 2222 View Post

Hi Sophia. We are all terribly sorry to hear about this, but we really cannot advise you about the law in the USA. Besides that, it probably varies from state to state, and you haven't said which one you are in.

Are you on your own now, or do you have children? It does sound as though your marriage is over, in practical terms, if you haven't spoken for half a year, but there's still finances to sort out.

Wishing you all the best.
            It's true, I can't do anything if he isn't being repentant, he refuse visiting family therapist so I've done everything from my side to save that marriage. I just don't want to divorce on his conditions, I'll try to search for a local legal help, I won't sign anything before seeing an attorney. Thanks everyone for your response, I don't have a person to talk with so your advices was really helpful for me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X