• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threat of Penal Notice for failing to disclose form E's on time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threat of Penal Notice for failing to disclose form E's on time

I am going through a highly acrimonious Divorce where I have been left with major Mental Health issues and am now under the care of the Local Community Mental Health Team.
    I was issued with dates from the court to exchange form E's with my Ex's solicitor and attend a court hearing,
    I am due to financial issues having to act for myself and this solicitor seems to take serious advantage of this.
    On receiving these forms from the court I wrote to the court explaining all the various issues I have been subject to by my Ex and her "Friend" and that I am now awaiting an appointment for counselling following several visits with the Community Mental Health Team. With this letter to the court I also included a letter issued by the Clinical Psychiatrist explaining that in my current mental state I could not reasonably be expected to make sense of the processes involved nor be able to good decisions and as such could be driven into making serious mistakes which affect my future.
    I have now received a letter from the other side stating that as I didn't attend the hearing some 3 weeks ago the Judge had set a new date for exchange of Form E's by next week which the court should have made me aware of but I have not received such notice from the court. The letter went on to state that if I fail to adhere to this request and timescale they will apply for a penal notice asking for me to be imprisoned.
    Given I never had any response from the court to my letter about my Mental Health which was hand delivered could they realistically put me in prison or is this just another case of this Solicitor trying to intimidate me?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X