• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

End of marriage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of marriage

Hi All. My marriage has ended after 22 yrs. My Husband told me he was not in love with me any more. Also I had changed and so had he and he now wanted different things in life.
    I have had poor mental health for over three years. This includes not leaving the home, .due to anxiety.
    When my Husband told me the above and that he was leaving, I had a panic attack and left myself. My head was in turmoil, and I couldn't think. I just needed to get out of there.
    All this happened just over three months ago. I have been staying with my Son and his family. I am now receiving help from the mental health team, who have also given me a support worker.
    My husband is living in the rented property we shared together. He has everything I ever worked for. All our home comforts, most of which we bought two years ago when we sold our home. These include washing machine, tumble drier, sofa etc.
    The only items I have are my personal items, clothes and the like.
    How is the best way to go around this? I don't have a home of my own, so I can't take items away from him.
    He has not worked for ten years, due to ill health. I was his carer. He income is benefits and top rate DLA. Therefore he also has his car, of which we both paid money up front for.
    I feel very sad to think when I met him, all he owned in this world was half a bin bag of clothes. I owned my own home, car etc and now I have nothing.
    Kind regards
    Parrot Face
    Tags: None

Hi Parrot, this is a very difficult situation for you and surely understands this is a mental torture. Most of the clients I have seen had worse going on for them, and they came through successfully. They are seeing the light now at the end of the tunnel and I am sure you will do the same. I think you do not need to rush in doing anything at the moment. You are under the mental health team and they are looking after you and I am sure they are doing their best. The best thing to do now is to think about how to get better and after this, you will be able to make correct decisions for the future. Good luck

Although I am a family lawyer,, any advice given on this forum should be taken as guidance only and should not be applied to your specific circumstances. If you are uncertain as to your legal rights, I recommend that you seek independent legal advice from a lawyer local to you. Good luck
    Although I am a family lawyer, any advice given on this forum should be taken as guidance only and should not be applied to your specific circumstances. If you are uncertain as to your legal rights, I recommend that you seek independent legal advice from a lawyer local to you. Do not forget to update us on your case. Good luck

I work in Coventry on Mondays and Thursdays and Stevenage on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Comment

Sandraf, thank you. What you have said is the same as the MHT tell me. Look after myself and get better first.
      I think it's time I started taking that advice.
      Thank you so much for giving me the answer I needed to hear.
      Bless you

Comment

Is a pleasure and good luck for the future.
        Although I am a family lawyer, any advice given on this forum should be taken as guidance only and should not be applied to your specific circumstances. If you are uncertain as to your legal rights, I recommend that you seek independent legal advice from a lawyer local to you. Do not forget to update us on your case. Good luck

I work in Coventry on Mondays and Thursdays and Stevenage on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X