• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Form E Financial Settlement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form E Financial Settlement

Good evening,

Last Friday I had the first appointment where I had to produce a fully completed form E. I informed the court at the time of recieving the order that I was unable to complete the form fully because of oustanding financial matters out of my control. My wifes solicitor tried to get the judge to issue a penal notice which he did not do this time but he was very particular that I must give all the information as requested. He has threatened a penal notice if I do not complete the document correctly within 14 days.

Form E 4.6 States" If you have subsequently married or formed a civil partnership (or intend to) or are living with another person(or intend to), give brief details, so far as they are known to you, of his or her income assets and liabilities.

My new partner who I have lived with for a year has a salary but is also a equal partner in a limited company do I need to provide her share details; company loans; value of the ex-family home she still has an interest in with her ex husband etc... Where do you draw the line?

Thank you for your help.
    Tags: None

Wikivorce guidance on question 4.6 is:

This is designed to be a pen picture of your new partners income, assets and liabilities. This does not mean that your new partner will have to hand over their assets. But if for example you can be housed in a house owned by your new partner, that will affect the housing pot available for your first family. You only have to complete this aspect if you know the answers - this is your Form E, not your new partners'.
    https://www.wikivorce.com/divorce/DI...ce-Lawyer.html

I think the key words in question 4.6 are ''so far as they are known to you'' so I wouldn't bust your balls to try and obtain comprehensive figures at this point. Don't forget that Form E is just the start of the disclosure process and that the process is designed to provide for the parties to issue a questionnaire and, if neccesary, a schedule of deficiencies to obtain more detailed figures if required.

The important thing is to get the Form competed & filed on time, so just put down what you know now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X