• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Get Your MP to Sign the Early Day Motion to Curb ATOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Your MP to Sign the Early Day Motion to Curb ATOS

If you have had dealings with ATOS, who conduct the Work Capability Assessments (WCA) and Disabled Living Allowance (DLA) assessments on behalf of the DWP, you might wish to ask your local MP to sign an Early Day Motion (EDM) to curb ATOS's unacceptable treatment of those with serious and long-term illness and disabilities.

As long as your MP is a backbencher, they can sign the EDM. Please encourage as many MPs as possible to sign. The link below will take you to the EDM.

I would like to thank Springer Spaniel for making me aware of this EDM.

www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/295
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.
    Tags: None

Re: Get Your MP to Sign the Early Day Motion to Curb ATOS

Done and shared on Facebook too

Comment

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
      Done and shared on Facebook too
      Thank you, Puffrose. You're a star.

Comment

I've put a shout out to people like my ex who has Fibromialga, my hubbys cousin, a friend who is paraplegic and told he could walk if he tried (i think he was in the papers) amongst others.. lets hit the ba:censored:ds where it hurts.... in the paycheck!
        ainkiller::boom:

Comment

I've just put it on my Facebook page. I'm just waiting for ATOS to kick off.

Comment

There are also direct action events against ATOS, during the paralympic games, which THEY ARE SPONSORING - hypocrites !

http://www.dpac.uk.net/2012/08/lates...os-games-week/

Comment

Reply from the 'Orrible Ex (shouldnt really call him that, hes a lovely bloke)

Hey there, whoever sent you that link is a gentleman, a scholar and needs *beeeeeeep* KNIGHTING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
                There are also direct action events against ATOS, during the paralympic games, which THEY ARE SPONSORING - hypocrites !

Posted on Facebook too

Comment

Reply from the 'Orrible Ex (shouldnt really call him that, hes a lovely bloke)

Hey there, whoever sent you that link is a gentleman, a scholar and needs *beeeeeeep* KNIGHTING!!!
                  I've heard Her Majesty is rather adept at doing short back and sides haircuts with a sword.

Comment

Apparently, ATOS are banned from providing similar services in the USA. If the government of the Land of the Fast Buck have done that, something must be seriously wrong to warrant it.

Comment

I'm surprised the paralympics have any competitors if Atos are behind them - all the athletes are fit to work and none of them have any real disabilities !

Comment

I've put a shout out to people like my ex who has Fibromialga, my hubbys cousin, a friend who is paraplegic and told he could walk if he tried (i think he was in the papers) amongst others.. lets hit the ba:censored:ds where it hurts.... in the paycheck!
                        ainkiller::boom:
                        I can relate to your ex, having Fibromyalgia myself.

Comment

yeh he was told you worked before, you can work now, his answer was I was also 13 stone and 6'8, able to kick higher than my own head and carry my girlfriend on my back. I am now unable to walk unaided, exhusted after picking my 5 year old up from school and unable to sit for longer than 20mins at a time.. and i worked BEFORE i was involved in a major road accident.

My friend Speedy was refused DLA 8 times because he didnt fill in how many yards he could walk, hes paraplegic and has other health problems.
                          He went to ATOS and they pushed him in to the door (he didn't feel it but broke his toe) then told him he could work because he HAS walked in the past, he was paralysed in a riding accident!

Comment

I'm surprised the paralympics have any competitors if Atos are behind them - all the athletes are fit to work and none of them have any real disabilities !
                            Heeheeheee, sometimes irony just takes control of the situation.

Do you think that these athletes will need to watch their mail following the competition? Fresh DLA and ESA assessments could be heading their direction.
                            'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
                            depend on me, and I'm me.'

Comment

yeh he was told you worked before, you can work now, his answer was I was also 13 stone and 6'8, able to kick higher than my own head and carry my girlfriend on my back. I am now unable to walk unaided, exhusted after picking my 5 year old up from school and unable to sit for longer than 20mins at a time.. and i worked BEFORE i was involved in a major road accident.

My friend Speedy was refused DLA 8 times because he didnt fill in how many yards he could walk, hes paraplegic and has other health problems.
                              He went to ATOS and they pushed him in to the door (he didn't feel it but broke his toe) then told him he could work because he HAS walked in the past, he was paralysed in a riding accident!
                              Puff,

Your ex and your friend should both requisition a copy of their respective reports, then report the person who wrote it to their regulating body for professional misconduct -

General Medical Council (GMC) - Doctors.
                              Health Professions Council (HPC) - All medical and paramedical professions other than doctors, midwives and nurses.
                              Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) - Nurses and midwives.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X