• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Obtaining the CV of an officer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining the CV of an officer

Hello,
    I need to obtain the CV of an officer from CAFCASS because I claim the officer is not qualified to make an assessment relating to my children in a court case.
    I asked CAFCASS for the CV and they responded that they do not provide CV of their officers.
    Is there a legal means to obtain the CV on the basis that it is paramount to establish the qualifications of the officer?
    Tags: None

why not ask what this person's qualifications and experience are?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      why not ask what this person's qualifications and experience are?
      Well, it is the same as asking for the CV, I guess.

Comment

​​​​​It's a more focussed and reasoned way of seeking that information.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Are CAFCASS's assessments made solely by the officer assigned to the case or are they reviewed internally - internal quality control - before being issued? If the latter your question may be of limited relevance if the assessment is a CAFCASS corporate judgement not that of just one person.
          All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

The reports I have seen are by individual officers.

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
              Are CAFCASS's assessments made solely by the officer assigned to the case or are they reviewed internally - internal quality control - before being issued? If the latter your question may be of limited relevance if the assessment is a CAFCASS corporate judgement not that of just one person.
              No, the report is written by the officer in question.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X