• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Indirect Contact Facilitation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indirect Contact Facilitation

Hi

We have had a fair few child arrangement orders over the last few years for my daughter. The only contact my ex receives is via indirect contact in the form of presents at Christmas & Birthdays, and I send a letter detailing how our daughter has been over the last year at the end of every school year. This has always been facilitated via the solicitors. My letter goes to his solicitor, and he drops the presents off to my solicitor. There is a restraining order in place, and my ex has been to prison twice for assault against me and for breaking the restraining order.
    When I collected the Christmas presents from my solicitor in December they handed me a letter stating they were now no longer willing to facilitate this for free, and would be charging me. My husband & I cannot afford another extra bill, we're still paying off our fees from the most recent court case, which amounted to nearly 6k inclusive of the barrister! The solicitors stated we'd have to facilitate this between us then. The issue with this is there is, quite literally, NOBODY able to do this. My ex has threatened to kill me, my husband, my sister, my husbands parents and my parents. His brother attacked me at one point, and I also have a restraining order against his parents.

I'm in such a panic now and have no idea what to do. My husband & I both work full time, we receive no benefits and we've never applied for child maintenance as, quite frankly, we don't want it. We've raised her & have always had the view that if ex wanted to provide for her he'd put the application in himself. Otherwise I'd use this to pay for this damn indirect contact! The fee from the solicitor amounts to more than the value of the presents, they want over £100 just to email me & say they're there, for me to then collect them. The value of the last lot of presents was roughly £70!

I'm terrified I'm going to have to break the restraining order & contact his girlfriend, he wont allow her to meet me on her own. He'd either turn up or send one of his friends and I'm PETRIFIED. I'm also scared we're going to now receive another court application from him for not collecting presents as I doubt my solicitors are even allowed to charge him for it as he's not their client. He'd refuse anyway!

I'm in an impossible situation & have no idea what to do. My daughter doesnt even want the gifts from him but CAFCASS wanted it to continue.

Thankyou for any advice anybody has x
    Tags: None

Might a contact centre be able to help?

Have you asked CAFCASS if they can suggest something?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X