• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice please on whether to reply to a C2 application to adjourn a final hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please on whether to reply to a C2 application to adjourn a final hearing

Hi, I am due to go to family court (UK) again next week for a final hearing with my ex partner, as she is asking for a change to an existing court order, as our 2 x children currently live with me full time as per an existing court order. They do have limited time with their mother but access has to be supervised.

I have just received a C2 application from my ex's solicitor, asking that the court adjourn the hearing as they are suggesting that a final order cannot be made at this stage. They believe that the court do not have all the evidence which it will need to make a decision (based on my ex's health grounds - recent ADHD diagnosis). I personally don’t agree the additional evidence is really relevant, and is essentially a delaying tactic as she knows she is unlikely to get any change to the existing court order. I would ideally like the court to go ahead with the final hearing next week.

I am unsure whether I need to respond to the C2 application, or whether I can / should object to the request to adjourn the final hearing? I had also submitted an urgent C2 application last week as further info has come to light. My application was to request that the court give permission to CAFCASS to re-open their case (closed following CAFCASS submitting their safeguarding report to the court back in July, ahead of the upcoming hearing next week) and update their report given further evidence of alcohol misuse and recent police involvement, which are some of the key reasons why I have custody and that my ex requires supervised access for visits with our children.

Personally I feel the court have all the info they need to make a suitable & informed decision at the final hearing next week, so would prefer the hearing to go ahead as scheduled.

For info, I am not using a solicitor so am representing myself

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X