• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reversing appointeeship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing appointeeship

My wife and I have looked after an elderly disabled friend for several years. At one point, several years ago, not long after we met our friend we asked his social worker to set up an appointee for him as he was getting ripped off a lot. My wife started off as a volunteer dog walker, and bit by bit we have helped him, more and more. Now, the social workers have become more of a hindrance than a help. The people who come and do "care" are pretty useless and often leave him in a mess and don't do the jobs they are supposed to do. Our friend would like us to take back the appointeeship from the council and do it ourselves, so we can organise services and help for our friend, directly. We asked the CAB and they said it may be difficult. Can anybody here tell me what the process entails and how to go about it.. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Tags: None

Talk to the Council. See if they will agree to this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X