• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A "Care" Package only causes pain, misery, illness and stands to end my Mums life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some bedtime reading for you...

The registered nurse or health professional
    is responsible for assessing the patient's pressure sore risk, documenting risk and taking appropriate action to reduce risks. National Institute for Health & Care Excellence.
    NICE guidance.17 Jul 2018

Comment

Your GP has said you're doing a good job? Ultimately they are the professionals not you. I'd say its negligent of them, they have a duty of care, its their job! Fortunately I have an LPA Health & Welfare for my Mum...I feel for you. I really do.

Can I ask, for how long has this 'Care Package' been in place?

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
        No. There are ways of doing that (Lasting Power of Attorney for care), but if you do not use them, there is little you can do.
        Sorry to be daft but what is 'that' - using Mum's earlier wishes not to be cared for by strangers, vouched for by all the family as reason for not having carers? And what is 'them' - Lasting Power of Attorney/Guadianship...?

So they can take measures to take my Mum's life for the sake of nothing? There must be something I can do? They can actually put people at risk of DEATH to care for them? If I said to her 'I know you don't need or want it but I'll come to your house tonight to do the washing up after dinner. But there s a 1 in 17 chance I'll bring a killer disease in with me that you won't get treatment for. Fair dos?'. She'd call the Police!

What if I refused to let the extra carers in? I'm afraid of that answer tbh.

Sorry folks when I'm trying to like other peoples posts I get a pop-up I'm unable to like my own posts.

Comment

Originally posted by cattermole View Post
          Your GP has said you're doing a good job? Ultimately they are the professionals not you. I'd say its negligent of them, they have a duty of care, its their job! Fortunately I have an LPA Health & Welfare for my Mum...I feel for you. I really do.

Can I ask, for how long has this 'Care Package' been in place?
          Originally with the Notice Of Intent April 2021. Then reassessed 1 year later. For the reassessment I got a phone call out the blue about it and expressed concern about a visit (covid), so she offered the assessment over the phone. The Social Worker today said the Continuing Health Care Matrons visited the House but I would not let them in!!! Just standing here shaking my head in disbelief!

Comment

"There must be something I can do? "
            Ypou can take out guardianship through the Court of Protection.

Comment

Me. Trust nobody,(But I guess you know that already). Experience never let your Mum go into a care home, I will not go into why fore but trust me, Mum is precious look after as best you can, as if you don't you will regret it later.

Comment

You know I'm now going through my records which is taking a lot of time but I've found more than once a District Nurse has said this skin condition looks like an allergic reaction to her pad. This was later echoed by a Senior District Nurse so this is adding to my frustration and anger that this was allowed to slide for so long and now put me for the blame since the District Nurses have opened a Safeguard Alert with Social Services that I've caused this by mixing creams.

And more teeth clenching anger when Social Services then turn up unannounced to speak to Mum (who can't speak) with no masks, tell me they don't need to wear them (an 85 year old with late stage Alzheimers and in line to have multiple comorbidities that kill you with C19) and for me, after shielding for two and a half years ... to ask me to take my mask off and that I don't need to shield anymore to protect my Mum!!!! Meanwhile Social Services visit the house next door with a zimmer frame and masked, and gloved, and aproned.

Astounded.

Comment

SO now it is getting even worse. There are more allegations. I think there are some they won't even disclose. Of those I know, I can refute to the point they will be shown to be 100% made-up (yes I said made-up because for instance one is "you aren't thickening your Mum's drinks" but nobody sees me thicken her drinks or give her the drinks. And I thicken them so why would I ever say I don't thicken them???).

They are thinking about applying for Right of Attorney too which makes me A) Worry they will take her away B) they are really believing the allegations, whatever they are and wherever they have originated. The allegation about the creams continues to astound because 'when you get creams off the internet you don't know what's in them and they can hurt your Mum's skin' and the two I've told them about are now "a multitude of creams". Oh and I it's "unhealthy" for me to sleep on a camp bed next to Mum's bed because I'm "her Son". I'm with her about 22 hours a day keeping her clean, fed and watered as best I can. Hopefully happy. Lots of smiles yesterday.

Mum is pretty ill now and I should be looking after her more but all I have is worry and worry and visit after visit and another assessment and worry about how they will spin that too.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X