• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Childs Mother changing schools without my consent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childs Mother changing schools without my consent

I have an unoffical arrangement with my ex partner that we will share my son 50/50 rather than going through the court process since he was 2 years old, he is now 7

we had an agreement we would never move far away so he always gets to spend time with us both. he goes to a school in a town where we lived. She has now moved 15 miles away, an hour drive from me and his current school

now she told me she is moving his school which i disagreed with and said no (i have the whatsapp messages)
    today i have found out hes been accepted into a new school 15 miles away from me and that he will start this month.
    I havnt consented to this and i have asked my son and he has stated he doesnt want to change schools

we have him 50/50 neither of us have custody of him yet shes acting like she has

With the new school I will now be unable to take him to school or pick him up which i have done every monday and tuesday since he started school several years ago. The school is in the opposite direction of my place of work

What can i do to stop this i havnt consented to him moving schools and think this is the start of pushing me out of his life which is unacceptable

please help me with what i need to do , i dont even know the name of the school shes "moved" him to!
    Tags: None

What was the reason that your ex-partner moved away with your son?
    You could apply to the Court for a Prohibited Steps Order but there's no guarantee that this will succeed, it is also more difficult as the move has happened, a PSO is usually applied for prior to a move.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X