• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sibling death wife refusing contact with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibling death wife refusing contact with me

I have recently lost my younger brother to cancer NYE morning. We had had a very up and down relationship but always loved each other and came back together after any blips we had, I suppose fairly typical of many siblings. He lived 300 miles away and we had only been communicating for the last 5 months of his life, mainly through WhatsApp as talking was tiring for him. However, since his passing his wife has cut all ties to me, and when I tried contacting her by phone, I was blocked by BT - She has subsequently blocked me on WhatsApp, and worse still when I wrote a letter to her expressing my sadness for her, she tore the letter up into pieces, placed it in an envelope and returned it to me.

Do I have any rights as a sibling at all as I do have questions I would like to ask regarding his passing, what was on the death certificate and if she possess any of "our family albums" from my childhood with my brother which I would dearly like copies of at least as they would be very precious to me. If she refuses/blocks calls, blocks me on WhatsApp and returns letters to me torn up, what can I do? Thank you
    Tags: None

HI Blue

Sorry for your loss.

Is there a family 'go between' you could turn to? Who could act as a 'bridge'.
    What about a priest who could act as a 'conduit'? It needs that kind of intervention.
    There are organisations similar to relate who can help in your circumstances.

Comment

Hello ECHAT11,

Thank you for your reply and for your condolences. Sadly no family remaining, out of 29 all have passed I am the only one left, quite unnerving. I do not even live in the same part of the country as my late brother and his wife. But, I think you are right the situation as she is so hostile towards me to have some one bridge that gap - Relate, may be I will ask them for some advice, a priest, yes may be a good idea, however, I don't think he was terribly religious, I could be wrong but may be if I contacted some local churches it might be a start. Once again thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefox511 View Post
        Hello ECHAT11,

Thank you for your reply and for your condolences. Sadly no family remaining, out of 29 all have passed I am the only one left, quite unnerving. I do not even live in the same part of the country as my late brother and his wife. But, I think you are right the situation as she is so hostile towards me to have some one bridge that gap - Relate, may be I will ask them for some advice, a priest, yes may be a good idea, however, I don't think he was terribly religious, I could be wrong but may be if I contacted some local churches it might be a start. Once again thank you for your help.
        Good luck, remember small steps, but you will get there.

Comment

Sorry to hear of the situation you are in and my condolences on the loss of your brother.
          You mention wanting to se ea copy of his death certificate - do you know in which area or hospital he passed, if so you will be able to apply for a copy of his death certificate to be sent directly to you, it'll cost maybe £10-£15 (the price increases if you want it more urgently).
          If you are happy to post here the area/hospital in which he passed then I'm happy to find the contact details for the Registry Office for you, alternatively just google in the local area and if you call and it's the incorrect one I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X