• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CAFCASS Legal queries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAFCASS Legal queries

Hi, I am sure you have heard a million times before how terrible CAFCASS are and always gang up on the mum. The same is happening with me and I won't bore you with the details. My questions are:

1. I sent in a C100 on behalf of my son, but I am the sole applicant, I am not (obviously not true names but for example): Margaret Smith on behalf of Tommy Smith as applicant, I am just Margaret Smith if you know what I mean.

The Respondent is my ex husband.

CAFCASS are the second respondent, and represent the children.

So does this mean that since I am the applicant v 2 respondents that this is why CAFCASS seemingly work very well with my ex husband and are horrid to me?

Does this mean that I am, in effect, fighting against my own children?

I mean, purely from a legal perspective, you know?

2. Leads me onto, if I am correct and I am fighting my own children, can I stop this by 'joining' my son to the application so that now I, the applicant, am in fact (as in the example above of completely wrong names) Margaret Smith on behalf of Tommy Smith?

3. If I did that, would CAFCASS leave my son alone and not bother about his welfare? I'm just asking - trust me the only person that boy needs is me - but that's not the question.

4. In the first hearing I consented to the children having a Guardian - ie CAFCASS. Can I now revoke my permission for the children to have a Guardian? And will that have any effect?

5. Finally, I have a complaint against CAFCASS. I received a phone call from the Complaints team to do some kind of fact finding as to whether they should escalate it or not. They decided that they should escalate it. That phone call was the day before the last hearing. "Overnight" the Guardian decided that the family should have a psychological assessment. She provided no evidence, just opinion. That assessment has been ordered.

6. She wants to see me at her offices, not my home. She will be bringing in someone else "due to my complaint" to discuss where we are up to and how to move forward. I asked if I could bring a friend. She said yes and to provide the name. I said it will be a solicitor and I won't know the name until tomorrow kind of thing. She said she won't have the meeting if a solicitor is present as this is about the welfare of the kids (now, that's not what she said before). I don't want to go just to go and be openly insulted. If I refuse will she order a social worker? I have spoken with charities who have said that it's most unusual and could they provide a copy of their policy which says they don't do meetings with solicitors present. I asked and was ignored (like usual, sorry but it's just the truth, I'm not being bitter, just honest). I then received a message back saying kind of, 'do you want the appointment or not?' What are the consequences of just ignoring them or not going?

THanks so very much !
    Tags: None

islandgirl Can you please take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

I am sorry but I do not know much about family work however not allowing a solicitor seems very odd. I agree that you should ask for that policy. Good luck

Comment

Thank you for your help. Does anyone know the answer to any of the questions above?

Comment

I would find / contact a family lawyer who can offer 30 minutes free advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X