• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Understanding Confidentiality Ruling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding Confidentiality Ruling

Court Confidentiality Ruling in Parentage Claim

"This judgment was delivered in private. The judge has given leave for this version of the judgment to be published on condition that (irrespective of what is contained in the judgment) in any published version of the judgment the anonymity of the children and members of their family must be strictly preserved. All persons, including representatives of the media, must ensure that this condition is strictly complied with. Failure to do so will be a contempt of court."

is a standard confidentiality clause .. my friend does not need the confidentiality , he was wronged , he was the child but is now 35 , the confidentiality only protects the father who abandoned him currently.

Does this mean somebody could publish the judgement in a paper but just not name the people.

Can my friend approach his family (father's Children ) and share these facts with him ?

Can he use the judgement to take Civil Action against Father who abandoned him ?
    Tags: None

Any wisdom on this ?

Comment

I understand that the confidentiality order is standard in Family Court cases

He could apply to the court for the judgment to be published un-anonymised and permission to be able to use the un-anonymised judgment in civil action against the father.

Until that happens I wouldn't risk publishing (ie revealing) the matter to the father's family

Comment

Excellent ..appreciate that ...he could still approach his brothers and sisters who are all adults now to say he is their brother ?

Comment

I don't know the answer to that question but that clause is fairly all embracing, so I would be wary about telling his siblings without clarification from the court

Comment

Should we expect a Summary of the Court judgement that declares parentage and that should be public, Otherwise to go to court for a declaration of parentage and win and it be declared confidential would be a bit strange or pointless.

Comment

Go back to the court for clarification

Comment

Been a while since i was here. The court gave a detailed 5/6 Page summary of the proceedings and while that could be published the people could not be identified. As the Child now an Adult wanted Confidentiality lifted we are going to ask for that confidentiality to be lifted again.

There was a summary document declaring A the parent of B and that can be shared with anyone. (The court failed to issue that document which really added to the confusion. ) Hopefully that helps anyone who comes across this again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X