• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restraining order and social services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restraining order and social services

Hi I just need some help,

basically me and my ex broke up, police called, police gave my ex an indefinite restraining order, social did a check and closed the case, we then got back together, had a baby broke up again. I called the police over harassment (he got remanded for 6 weeks for breaching the restraining order) and obviously the social services got involved again and did a child in need plan that lasted 6 weeks while I was pregnant. They concluded I was a good mum, not to put him on the birth certificate, but at the end of their report said if they found out we got into a relationship again they would put me on a child protection plan.

my question is if the restraining order was dropped or taken to court to be amended or dropped as it was indefinite would the social be notified and what would happen at court?

thank you.
    Tags: None

Hi BROOKEMOO

islandgirl Can you please take a look and advise, thank you.

Comment

Hello! You would certainly be notified I believe if anything changed although family law is not my area. If you wish the order to be changed you would have to make an application to the court and explain why you wish this to be done There is no guarantee it will be granted but you have to make your case,

Comment

islandgirl hi, thanks for your response, do you know of social services would be noticed if the request was put to the court? X

Comment

There may be a note on the court file which says they should be so it is highly likely I would say but that is a guess

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X