• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to sort out future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to sort out future

Need some advice on how to handle this situation.

Me (23M) and my sister(21) own our current family terraced home in Salford. I'm getting married soon and my new wife will move in with us. In this house used to be me, my mum and dad, and my sister (like most families), but mum divorced my dad after she found out he had a huge gambling addiction and he moved out. She paid off his debts, but during the divorce was unable to buy him out. I was quite young then so don't fully know what happened, would've been 18/19 and they protected us from that sort of stuff.

Anyway, mum made me and my sis get joint mortgages and had the house transferred to us, but for the last few years I've paid most of the mortgage with the occasional spot of help from my sister and sometimes from mum.

It's not a big house - just 2 beds upstairs, one will be mine and my wifes, one will by mums, and my sis will move downstairs into one of the converted living rooms until she moves in with her boyfriend or gets married or whatever. He seems to be doing alright though – has a stable office job in town, something in marketing or other so even if he's not flash with the cash now, one day he'll be just fine and will hopefully take care of my sis anyway.

Though question is; rightfully because I've paid the mortgage most of this time, and when my wife moves in, we'll both be paying for it. Neither myself nor my sis are on massive wages but we do work - I'm a builder but works in bursts but I manage to cover it all. My wife-to-be earns just under national average; so things are tight. The wedding is in 6 months, it's really nice and simple got about 25 people coming to our civil and my uncles hired out a nice village inn out in Wigan for a little do after so thankfully this isn't a huge burden. We’re trying to be financially responsible.

When she moves out, am I able to get the house in my sole name? I want to live here for a minimum of 10 years now. And then the question is what happens to mum after that.

I need some general advice about how to go about getting the property into my rightful name. I don't want to have to buy out my sis at some point when she'll be building her own future elsewhere.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X