• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed about Court Appointed Deputy pleasers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed about Court Appointed Deputy pleasers

Hi. My daughters dad is in a care home, has been for about two years. He’s now incapable of doing anything and his social worker advised my daughter to get the CAD forms, which she has (Power of Attorney not possible now) she’s not sure which to apply for though. She put his house up for sale with his consent, and has managed his money for years, also with his knowledge and consent. In the last 4 months he has deteriorated badly and the home have put DNR on his file. She is his only child. The house has just sold so all she wants to do is be able to let the buyers buy it and be able to manage his bank. The home take his pension etc for his care.

The problem is is does she need to get Deputy for Property and Affairs or Deputy of for Personal Welfare?

I’d appreciate any help with this. Thankyou
    Tags: None

Probably both

Property and Affairs - if they are looking to complete on the sale of the property and then manage how the sale proceeds are used

Personal Welfare - to be able to make decisions as regards to ongoing care and treatment
    They say that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. That being the case then I have enough to be lethal.

Comment

Probably both

Property and Affairs - if they are looking to complete on the sale of the property and then manage how the sale proceeds are used

Personal Welfare - to be able to make decisions as regards to ongoing care and treatment
      Thanks for the reply. The problem there is the cost. It’s £385 for the Personal Welfare. I can’t find any info about fees for both. The form is very daunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Messy View Post

Thanks for the reply. The problem there is the cost. It’s £385 for the Personal Welfare. I can’t find any info about fees for both. The form is very daunting!
        Citizens advice maybe able to help you, Or ask a trusted friend to help, its not as bad as feeling the fear... we printed off a hard copy and completed in pencil first and then proceeded from there once it had been checked. Good Luck

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X