• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Family law

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Family law

    Hi need some advice I had a Cafcass recommendation court order against me but have since moved back to the family home and have regular contact with my children. My husband has been very abusive towards me and today I had to call the police. I was asked to leave the property as my husband gave them the order and they said it still applies. Is this correct ?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hi Nicnak,

    An order will continue until such time as a further order is made by the Court or an application is made to amend it. What does the order state? That you should not be in the home?

    It is worth mentioning also that if your husband doesn't comply with the order ie preventing you being at the property (if that is the terms of the order) and there could be repercussions if he is found not to be doing what is in the children's best interests (which is what the order is trying to do I assume).

    Your husband being abusive to you is a separate issue but whilst being in breach of an order would be difficult for the Police to take further action I would imagine.

    Probably not what you wanted to hear I'm afraid. A little more information about the order may shed some light and enable us to respond more fully if needed.
    I am a qualified solicitor employed by the LegalBeagles forum to provide guidance on a wide range of legal queries. I am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

    Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

    If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

    justbeagle screenshot

    Find a Law Firm NOW

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm