• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Miss E

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miss E

    My partner is waiting for court hearing regarding access to his daughter but they have put it on hold because his wife has now applied for a divorce, which is going through. Is this correct? And if so why does the divorce take priority when the access request was done months before?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hi Emmamac, child arrangements order proceedings are very separate from divorce proceedings (this is administrative work), therefore his wife applying for a divorce should not interrupt the child arrangements order proceedings. I would suggest that you ring the court (this is the fastest) to ascertain what is happening because it should not be so. The adviceline may not be able to confirm reasons, if this was the case, then my next suggestion is to write to the family court where the proceedings should be taking place to check reasons. Hope this helps and good luck.
    Although I am a family lawyer, any advice given on this forum should be taken as guidance only and should not be applied to your specific circumstances. If you are uncertain as to your legal rights, I recommend that you seek independent legal advice from a lawyer local to you. Do not forget to update us on your case. Good luck

    I work in Coventry on Mondays and Thursdays and Stevenage on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

    justbeagle screenshot

    Find a Law Firm NOW

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm