• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming child support from french father

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming child support from french father

Hi I need some advise. I will consult with a solicitor when I have the money (which I don’t as of yet) but I was wondering the process to get child matinence enforced from a French parent who lives in France.

we have a 3 month old daughter. From the moment I was pregnant he hasn’t wanted anything to do with either of us, it transpired he has a girlfriend and wasn’t serious about our relationship.

I moved home to the uk very early in the pregnancy (I was working in France) I got a job here but was let go at 7 months pregnant. I decided to find another job after I had the baby. However my daughter is very poorly (heart condition) and requires full time care although I’m looking for part time work.

i can not get hold of him. He has blocked me on everything and I do not know his address (only his work). He has a good job and it upsets me to know that I’m struggling to feed and clothe his daughter whilst he’s out buying sports cars and designer clothing and ignoring his responsibilities. If it wasn’t for my mother, I wouldn’t be able to eat. We are currently waiting for a disability benefits decision but even then we won’t have much, I want him to take responsibility if not physical then financial.

My questions are:
    -Do I have to apply to French or uk court? What about the language barrier?
    -Will the decision be made using uk guidelines or french guidelines (if French then what are they)
    -do they need his address or is employer info sufficient?
    Tags: None

https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreute...ge=true&bhcp=1

Start here:-

And Here:-

http://www.trx-legal.com/apply-for-c...ort-in-france/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X