• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Removing fathers name from birth certificate

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Removing fathers name from birth certificate

    I have reposted this tread as I posted it in the Welcome forum in error

    My daughter whilst married to her ex underwent IVF through a sperm donor with ex's consent. Her ex never bonded with their son and now 3 years after their divorce he is asking for his name to be taken off the birth certificate.

    My daughter is more than happy to agree as she now has a long term partner who would like to adopt her son in the future when they get married.
    I believe that where it can be proved by DNA that the "father" on the birth certificate isn't the biological father that there name can be removed from the birth certificate, but does the same apply with sperm donor ship where her ex signed to agree that he took on the legal responsibility for "their" son.

    If it is possible what does she need to do to move this forward? Thank you in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

justbeagle screenshot

Find a Law Firm NOW

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm