• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

As a employee, what notice do I have to give, to change my contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a employee, what notice do I have to give, to change my contract

I have a current dispute in my work, which I'm trying to resolve

I work for Asda stores

Early Aug 2015, a colleague who work Sat night shift was sacked, so I came forward to my manager, and said I would be willing to do this shift. One of my main reason for doing it, was it would give me additional hours, and it would boost my contract from 34 hours to 42 hours per week.

My manager informed me, that I wouldn't be given this shift full-time, as I'm not a night shift colleague, but day shift, so I would only be contracted for 3 months, so I signed the contract for 3 months, but was never given a copy, in process of asking to see my contract

With in the next 3 months, the people manager was suppose to be arranging for a night shift colleague to do these shifts, but as of Feb this hasn't happened

The manager who agreed this with me, left the store, and went to another store; this is where the problems have started. Told the new manager at Nov, I'm no longer doing the night shift, only to be told I'm doing it until its sorted, but I told him, I was only contracted for 3 months, and that contract is done

So its now got to the point, I think I have to give them notice, that I no longer want to work Sat night shift, but go back to my current shift

Sat night shift 17:00 - 07:00
    Current shift 17:00 - 00:00

What sort of notice do I have to give them: 2 weeks, 3 weeks ????
    Tags: None

Re: As a employee, what notice do I have to give, to change my contract

Hi mywilderness, & welcome to Legal Beagles

How long have you worked for them?
    Have you had a Statement of Particulars of Employment?
    Have you had, or can you access (ie intranet) a contract of employment?

@mariefab & @teaboy2
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: As a employee, what notice do I have to give, to change my contract

Your problem here is that you continued to work Saturday nights (although unwillingly) after the 3 months were up. So, by conduct, you are deemed to have accepted that you are now contracted to work on Saturday nights.

If you give notice that you will no longer work them, you'll be saying that if they don't agree to the change you will leave at the end of the notice period.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X