• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help Needed Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed Please

Good Evening

I find my self in a bit of a situation that is causing me some real distress, basically I am having problems with work due to disability and I think I have come to the end of the road.

I was stood down from work for a period of 6 months due to a visual disability and I pushed and pushed to return to work as per Occupation health Requirements that stated I should be placed into a clerical role and I finally was placed in to a role but as it turns out that role is completely unsuitable for me, I am not saying it is unsuitable because I don't like it I am saying it because I am making mistakes which will more than likely end up resulting in disciplinary procedures taking place due to me not rostering staff correctly and consequently staff not being paid.

I thought the role would be ok for me but with my restricted vision it quite clearly is not

I have been given the role of Roster Clerk looking after 300 staff over 70 locations and I don't know a single person or Area as the area is Manchester I need to look after, this role will move shortly to Leeds where I live so is only a stones throw from my Home but I will still struggle

My Company will buy me whatever I need and have already supplied me with a high contrast keyboard and will supply me with a bigger monitor and large button phone but I fear that will not solve my problem of not having any sight in the central portion of my vision

I have fought with the help of my Union to return to work but now I am under such severe stress that I have made an appointment to see my GP as I also suffer with Bi polar disorder and I feel I may be going in to a Depressive episode due to this situation.

Can anyone please offer advise as to what I should do as if I go on sick leave this time I will be ill health retired with only a small pension rather the Permanent ill health retirement which attracts a higher pension.

I Really would appreciate help and I know I should contact my Union and I have but this time they cannot help me because they say my employers have done al they need to do to satisfy the Legal Requirements

Cheers
    Stillo
    Tags: None

Re: Help Needed Please

In these circumstances I would suggest you seek legal advice. You should be able to receive an initial free consultation and then you know the advice you are receiving is correct.

Comment

Re: Help Needed Please

Thank you Josie8

I have asked for an OH report as I am sure they are trying to force me out by giving me an impossible task to undertake and hoping I will refuse to do it and they have then complied with the Law, my GP has given me a sick note as she is well versed with my visual disability and on that Sick note it says off sick with work induced stress due to visual disability

I can claim my pension on ill health but there is two types one is ill health retirement and the other is Permanent ill health the permanent one attracts a larger pension due to the fact that I will be unable to work ever again and that is what they are trying to avoid me getting

Thanks for your reply

Stillo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X