• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Called husband at work to be told he no longer works there! (he had no idea)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called husband at work to be told he no longer works there! (he had no idea)

I called my husband at work today via switchboard to be told he no longer works there and that someone had taken over from him. I called him on his mobile and he was totally shocked so he called switchboard asking for himself to be told he no longer works there. Whilst this is happening he gets forwarded an email from someone who works for him that was sent yesterday from a recruitment agency saying they were trying to get hold of my husband but had been informed it doesn't work there anymore.
    He went straight to HR but there was no one there. His been there less than 2 years but surely he has a right to be told before anyone else? Surely there must be procedures to be followed? Not very good for your wife (or anyone else for that matter) to find out before you!

To stress me out our daughter had an operation yesterday, which their healthcare gave authorisation so I guess they will pay, not sure about follow up as he had let someone go this week who's only been there 6 mths but he was taken through improvement plan and failed and my husband said employment and all benefits terminated that day!
    Tags: None

Re: Called husband at work to be told he no longer works there! (he had no idea)

How much less than 2 years? Because, if it's just a week...

Comment

Re: Called husband at work to be told he no longer works there! (he had no idea)

Why was the recruitment agency trying to get hold of your husband? Does his work involve any contact or dealings with recruitment agencies or could they have been a customer of his?

Until we know more details its hard to say if he may have a case of wrongful dismissal or not - Unfair dismissal is certainly out the window with less than 2 years service (unless hes close to 2 years service). But there is not 2 year service qualification for wrongful dismissal.

He does clearly however have a claim for breach of contract for breach of the implied term of mutual trust and confidentiality reference other people knowing he'd been dismissed (should that actually be the case), before he even know he was being investigated, disciplined, dismissed or having his employment termination by way of notice!
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X