• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Terms & Conditions / Equality / Legal Standing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terms & Conditions / Equality / Legal Standing?

Hello, I am new to the forum and I hope that somebody who frequents this site might be able to help me and give some advice. I have worked for a company for a number of years and feel that I am not being treated fairly or equally with regard to other staff who have the same job. I have decided to come online to seek advice and see, if legally, I have a case for a grievance. I understand that normally people would pay money for such legal advice, but in this case I just want to hear people’s thoughts first, before committing to any external legal support.

I have the same job title, responsibilities and duties, as other professionals who work in the same department as me, within the organisation, but we are treated differently and paid differently. We share the same pay scale, which means somebody might be on the same increment point as me, but contractually their terms and conditions are slightly different, meaning that I work six weeks more than them, per year, and therefore it would appear that I am currently being paid 40% less than them. I have 35 days holiday entitlement and my colleagues have 56, which means I need to work six weeks more, for the same pay. I do not understand how we can have the same job title, same pay, but two different contracts. Five years ago we all had the same contract, but then the management made the decision to change the terms and conditions of the contract and instructed some of the staff, a quarter of the company compliment, that they had to sign the new contract under duress. Six people decided to seek legal advice, externally and took my current employer to court. They won their case and the company allowed them to remain on the same contract without the modified terms and conditions. Due to this setting a precedent, I want to know where I stand.

Do I have a case or not?
    Last edited by Workaholic; 15th December 2015, 20:52:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Terms & Conditions / Equality / Legal Standing?

If you signed the new contract, thus agreeing to change the terms, and worked without protest under this contract for five years; you don't have a case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X