• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suspension and rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension and rights

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of advice after l have just been suspended from work with pay.
    There has been 2 allegations against me, 1 that l was under the influence of alcohol at work last weekend sat 7th December but only had suspension and heard about it today

Secondly on the same day fraud and theft of company time, now l did go home for 40-60 minutes on overtime as l had to fetch my house keys from someone who was in my home. I know l should of asked but on weekend overtime no one around to ask so I went on my own back.

Now in the first case why have they only a week after brought both these cases up and how can they prove the alcohol issue ??
    The only thing l wanted to confirm was for some reason that day l didn't clock in, when l clocked out it flashed up as present so l hadn't actually clocked in all morning. Can l use this in my favour and say that even if l had a drink night before and l popped home l wasnt actually clocked into work so there cannot be any allegation ??
    Any advice will be appreciated

Mike
    Tags: None

Re: Suspension and rights

Anyone ?

Comment

How is overtime paid? Did you fill in a time sheet or does the Company use the clocking system?
      Had you informed them that you went home for 40-60 minutes before you were suspended?
      What evidence do they have to believe that you were under the influence of alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by mariefab View Post
        How is overtime paid? Did you fill in a time sheet or does the Company use the clocking system?
        Had you informed them that you went home for 40-60 minutes before you were suspended?
        What evidence do they have to believe that you were under the influence of alcohol?
        There was a clocking in system but I did not use it on this day.....the overtone sheet is filled in by myself but I do it on a Friday and send first thing Monday. I did not adjust the sheet and just sent it off. The only evidence they have is staff members saying in there opinion I was smelling of drink and they thought I was un fit for work

Comment

If you didn't adjust the timesheet to deduct the time you spent going to get your keys, they've got you on the theft of time issue.
          All you can do is explain that you'd filled it in the day before and then forgot to change it, apologise and promise not to do it again.

As for the 'smelling of drink' issue; that's more problematic.
          It's your word against the other members of staff and an employer doesn't need absolute proof. All they need is a 'reasonable belief' and with one person saying one thing and several saying another it would be 'reasonable' to believe the several.

Comment

Was it true you had alcohol on your breathe even if it was from the night before?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X