• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Disciplinary hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disciplinary hearing

Hi this is my 1st post and just looking for a little advise. I'm due to attend a a disciplinary hearing for alleged serious negligence regarding my work.now I've been stitched are like a kipper by my so called college's . My question is on the letter they have sent me it says.. Please not due to the seriousness of the allegations s against you you may be issued with a final written warning. So now they have said this and I have it in writing they can't go ahead and dismiss me?? I have no previous warnings on file either.i would just like your opinion has even tho letter states this I'm still a bait paranoid they will try and dismiss me
    Tags: None

Re: Disciplinary hearing

Did they state gross misconduct/negligence in the letter, or serious misconduct/negligence. If the latter, then no they can not dismiss you as doing so would be unfair, unless they can prove the allegations amounted to gross misconduct under their disciplinary process! Though if during the disciplinary process they change it to gross misconduct, then that be a different matter!

There's a difference between serious misconduct and gross misconduct. See this thread for more details - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ated-penalties
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

No does not say gross misconduct. Does mention negligence and serious negligence but in different parts of the letter. And how could they change it to dismissal has I'm defending myself against a written warning has stated if letter. If they were to change it during the hearing to would be unfair?

Comment

Originally posted by richard2399 View Post
        No does not say gross misconduct. Does mention negligence and serious negligence but in different parts of the letter. And how could they change it to dismissal has I'm defending myself against a written warning has stated if letter. If they were to change it during the hearing to would be unfair?
        If they found during the investigation that you had committed gross misconduct and had grounds to belief you had committed gross misconduct then yes they can change it and dismiss you.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Ok but they have compleated there investigation hence why they have invited me to a disciplinary hearing

Comment

Not necessarily, as depending on what is stated in the hearing, they may need to adjourn the hearing and investigate further and then hold another hearing meeting with you!

Comment

I can't see then doing that has it to do with missing work process at work. Statement from witnesses saying I do it all time but wen asked on specific dates on wen I was doing this they couldn't give one

- - - Updated - - -

Witness statement seems abit unreliable to me all 3 witness said sqme

Comment

Just wanted to note I've been working for the company for 3 years in September. If anyone could read my thread a get back to me with more advise on my situation I'd be very much greatful

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X