• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employee being forced to use own car.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Employee being forced to use own car.

The hospital trust knows this, they expect you to take out business insurance, at cost to yourself and not it is not paid by them so it's win win for the trust, zero cost for transport. I work for the military and I am also expected to pay for business insurance. If I get sent away on a course and I wish to take my own car, so I can claim for the mileage pittance of about 22p a mile I have to sign a declaration that I have business insurance. Or I will be in breach of regulations and risk facing the farce of military law. They do provide one way hire cars for the outward and home journey, but if the course is longer than a week it means I can't get home at the weekend. There is also a get you home allowance but this will only just cover the cost of a train journey home once a month. And we're now also expected to pay for all our food whilst away too. This doesn't happen to people in civvy street. Sorry about the Rant lol

Comment

Hi,
      The Trust can say what it likes, whether it's in breach of contract is another matter.
      What is it she wants to achieve? I understand she doesn't want to drive her own car but is there an alternative for her?
      Unfortunately, without seeing the contract I can't be of much further help.

Comment

be aware

Police watchdog probing claims crime commissioner drove without insurance

An IPCC spokesman said: 'The IPCC is investigating whether the police and crime commissioner for Kent, Ann Barnes, may have committed a criminal offence by not having in place appropriate insurance to cover business use of her own car when she was involved in a road traffic accident on 16 September 2014.
        'The investigation will also determine how long the relevant insurance was not in place, if that is the case, and how many miles the PCC travelled on business use while uninsured.
        Don't let them grind you down

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X