• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy retirement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy retirement

I work in a school and they have asked for staff to take voluntary redundancy which I have said I am interested to find out about. I have now heard from someone else that I could take early retirement and that the school would pay in to my pension until retirement age. I wonder if anyone could explain the options and what these entail. Thanks Marie
    Tags: None

Re: Rudundancy retirement

Hi,
    There are lots of good reasons for taking early retirement. It can be an attractive option if you don’t like your job, if you fancy a change in lifestyle or – as is the driver for many people – if you think it will be better for your health.
    But whatever the reasons, it’s important to also consider the downsides – and there are a few pretty major ones.
    • You won’t have any redundancy rights, and you won’t receive any redundancy pay.

• You’re likely to receive a smaller pension than if you worked until normal retirement age, unless your employer is offering a substantially enhanced package.

• The earliest age you can start taking a workplace pension is 55, but you won’t get a State Pension until your mid-60s.

Try this link for information on what could effect you by taking early retirement.....
    http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/early-ret...n-your-pension
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Re: Rudundancy retirement

thanks for the input on this one , this arose out of conversation the school i am at asked for redundancies when i showed interest they tried to say i had only been in the employment for 7 years , working within the borough for 3 school and being paid by the same borough it amounted to 20 years , i had to prove this and did thats when they said it is up to management if i get it , they have kept the cards close to their chests , this is when one of them mentioned early retirement but then stopped and changed the subject this is why i needed to know about it , i am not sure if they are keeping the information back due to cost saving or the fact that i have 20 years employment behind me and if i took ear lie retirement it would cost them moor , they are not adviseing any one properly and i think they will pick and choose who they want to go , cost wise .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X