• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

job termination threat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job termination threat

I have been working for a Prestigious IT firm for 8 years. I never had any issues with my previous Managers. My current manager, he is only my manager for six months, he came up false allegations against me and put me in PIP. To my bad luck my last project (that lasted only 2 months) went bad, but they came up with an aggressive report about my performance and it claims I am unfit to continue in this job. I tried to go over my boss head, but that didn’t work out. They are convinced with what my manager claims. I feel, as I have worked for more than 20 assignments in the past and all were successful, it is extremely unreasonable to put me in PIP based on just one bad project.

Now I have found another job with in the same company. When I asked my boss about my internal transfer to the new job, he says my PIP is attached my profile and I need to complete it before the transfer and he will let the new Manager know about my PIP before initiating the transfer process. The new Manager having no clue about my past performance, he obviously perceives PIP as a my overall performance and certainly wont offer me that job.

I have had unpleasant Manager-Employee relationship since the beginning with my new boss. He never treated me with respect. Now he is making sure that, attaching PIP to my profile, no other Managers should hire me in this company.

How can deal with this situation? I would like to continue in this company, but my Manager is closing all the doors for me and only trying to terminate me.

Re: job termination threat

Hi,
    Not an easy one to resolve amicably, even with going through procedures.
    The first step is to make sure you have copies of the company's Disciplinary, Grievance and Appeal procedures.
    Also make sure you have a copy of your employment contract.
    Do this before taking any other action.
    Step one will be to raise a formal grievance concerning the PIP, and your past performances. If you need help in doing this, let me know.
    Your claim would be that the PIP is unfair, in that it is not a true record of your overall eight years work performance within the company, and is based on one isolated case and false allegations made against you.
    Note: The company will now have to prove the allegations are true.
    You should also request that the unfair PIP should not in any case, be attached to your profile, as this would no doubt, have a very negative effect on any future job prospects.
    Now this grievance can go as high as you want it too, way past the manager.
    He will not be able to stop it, other than allowing your grievance, according to any recognised procedure.
    This will give you the opportunity to discuss the issue with higher management, without needing any approval from your manager.

A grievance should be made in writing, and given to your manager. (keep a copy) If you need help in doing this, let me know.
    Before handing it in, check on the time limits for receiving a response from the company.

Keep me informed of any development in this matter, and we can decide on further action if need be.
    It is very important that you do stick to the rules of procedures.

Is there any chance you could post what the false allegations are?
    Or if they are too personal, you can send me a private message.
    Don't worry, this is just the beginning..........
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Re: job termination threat

Advice as per Johnboy007.

There are two ways to be a big man. One is to be a big man. The other is to make others look small. Modern management is riddled with people whose only recourse is the latter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X