• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suspension from work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension from work

Hi,

I am looking for advice. I had a disciplinary meeting on the 23/07/14 and I was informed that I was suspended on full pay and that I would be made aware of the out come in the next couple of days. I received an email the following day instructing me that the company would need more time to look at all the evidence and would need until later the following week before making a decision. I had already booked annual leave for 2 weeks taking me up until 10/08/14. I am scheduled to go to work tomorrow, but I have still not been informed either by phone or email. What would you suggest I do, as I am supposedly suspended on full pay.

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Suspension from work

Hi,
    Did the employer clarify the matter to you in relation to being suspended in writing?
    It would be good to chase your employer, I assume you've either gone back to work now or are off sick?

Its important things are in writing, pieces of paper are black and white, try not to do anything verbal.

Its important that you clarify whether the annual leave period is still taken or whether you'll get it back? What were you suspended for?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have the disciplinary notes and it says that i have been suspended and he would get back to me in the next few days.

He was trying to make me admit to the allegations, of falsifying figures. Which was not the case, there are a lot of grey areas. I have posted other threads which relate to this and could not see how to attach them to this one. I am still currently off work waiting to hear from them. It looks to me that they want me gone and they have not got enough evidence that will stand up in a tribunal and perhaps the are hoping that i just get another job. All throughout this process they have changed notes and statements to suit them. The annual leave was booked off a few months ago. I am in contact with an employment solicitor and awaiting advice from them. It seem very bizarre to me that they have contacted me. I think I will leave it until the weekend before getting in contact with my employer. Do you think that would be the best course of action.

Comment

Hi,
        As you have been suspended by your employer on full pay, no decision has yet been made on the outcome to your disciplinary hearing.
        You have already booked your holiday with your employer, I assume under the terms and conditions in your contract of employment.
        Email your employer and remind him that you are on holiday on (give exact dates from and to), and that you will not be available for any further meetings with them until after the end of your holiday period.
        Also add that you will contact them by phone or email when you return from holiday for instructions on attending a new hearing date.
        As you have not been disciplined, then you are not guilty of any offence.
        The terms and conditions in your contract of employment remain in force.
        I.E: Holidays with pay, payment for hours worked (if any).
        The company are not obliged to pay you an additional sum for your holiday dates, other than the money due for holidays, under your contract of employment.
        Keep us posted of the outcome when you return from holiday.
        “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X