• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

No-one is allowed to talk to me. The MD glares at me over working. Pay disrupted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No-one is allowed to talk to me. The MD glares at me over working. Pay disrupted.

Hi all,

So here I am - end of the line with no idea where to go.

I will try and make it as concise as possible.

Issues began on D-DAY.

In my job role we are freely allowed to use Skype and are instructed to download it as we converse with Canadian depts.

Long story short the Managing Director found out that people use it for conversations about lunch, the weekends football results and planning drinks after work on fridays. In finding out this he got one of the senior managers to command use of someone's pc and loaded their skype window.

I got taken into a meeting room and explained about how they had seen my skype history - which i wasnt worried about as I have been in trouble for email useage with a different company and would never make a mistake like that again.

In the meeting however the MD stepped in and demanded that the meeting not be written down when he proceeded to get very close to me and in a very very aggressive voice say the following (jumbled order as cant remember the chronology only the statements).

'look we know you're looking for other jobs so why dont you just **** off before i make you **** off - you haven't got a chance with unfair dismissal i can do what i want - google it! they wont even consider a case of unfair dismissal until you've been here two years. I think you're a ***** and so does the senior management team so just **** off! you're the reason Amy left and the reason Callum left because you convinced them they could do better'

--- it doesnt stop here

Now members of staff are being brought into meeting rooms and being told 'dont talk to (my name) he's an ****hole - i dont want to see you talking to him in here, on lunch or whenever'

Also interesting is how I was accused of taking time off sick to attend interviews which is completely false! Honest - I'd love to be interviewing for new jobs.

I have always worked hard here and gained a promotion fairly quick - I have stayed here till 9-10 at night before sorting out problems long after senior managers have left.

One issue I have had is the attitude to my problems in going through my Father's passing. After my frequent 'late stays' I stated to my manager that I needed to sign documents regarding his probate/will on my lunch break and if i was a little late back could I make it up at the end of the day.... I was advised that if I was late back from lunch break I would have to take the afternoon as annual leave.

--

Things that annoy me the most is how no-one is allowed to talk to me and how im being spoken about to other staff members behind closed doors.

I cant afford to lose my job - what can I do.
    Last edited by petprotectvictim; 11th August 2014, 12:23:PM. Reason: is no-one gonna reply?!!!!!

Re: No-one is allowed to talk to me. The MD glares at me over working. Pay disrupted.

lol,i will try,maybe try recording conversation with him,not sure if can be used in evidence though.Try getting member of staff to make a statement.

Employers"An employer should also be particularly wary of employees recording disciplinary or grievance hearings without their knowledge. The Employment Tribunal has previously in certain circumstances permitted these recordings, such as where the Employer is a public body. Employers should take preventative measures by amending Employment Contracts to explicitly exclude employees from recording hearings and ensure the decision making body retains its confidential notes of the discussions, but which are not disclosed unless matters proceed to a hearing. An Employment Tribunal would not want to hinder open discussion by the decision maker for fear of being recorded, but it has happened."
    6 second abs,3 up,3 down Get the perfect abs..

Comment

Re: No-one is allowed to talk to me. The MD glares at me over working. Pay disrupted.

Hi,
      His behaviour in not letting other members of staff talk to you, amounts to unacceptable behaviour that does not allow you to carry out your duties correctly.
      He is a bully and a coward to boot.
      He is right that you will need to have worked for the company for two years or more.
      This was introduced because of the many claims going to tribunal that had no chance of success.
      So unfortunately you will either have to suffer it, or tell him to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

It is likely that this behaviour amounts to an offence under the Prevention of Harassmant Act 1997. Personally, I would record him covertly.

Are you a member of a Trade Union?

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
          It is likely that this behaviour amounts to an offence under the Prevention of Harassmant Act 1997. Personally, I would record him covertly.

Good point......
          Record the bugger and then take him to the cleaners.
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post

Going by the actions of the MD, I would concur that the instructing of other employees not to talk to the OP amounts to harassment under the Prevention from Harassment Act 1997. However, the physically-intimidating conduct is, quite possibly, an offence of Causing Intentional Alarm, Distress or Harassment under the Public order Act 1986.

As for the MD calling the OP an "orifice", perhaps the MD should look in the mirror at a prime example of an orifice.

How long is it since your father passed away, PPV?
            Last edited by bluebottle; 11th August 2014, 20:32:PM.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
              Going by the actions of the MD, I would concur that the instructing of other employees not to talk to the OP amounts to harassment under the Prevention from Harassment Act 1997. However, the physically-intimidating conduct is, quite possibly, an offence of Causing Intentional Alarm, Distress or Harassment under the Public order Act 1986.

As for the MD calling the OP an "arsehole", perhaps the MD should look in the mirror at a prime example of an arsehole.

How long is it since your father passed away, PPV?
              Eloquent words BB, I would have said anus.........:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
                Eloquent words BB, I would have said anus.........:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                How about orifice?
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  How about orifice?
                  Perhaps the boss was an orifice worker?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X