• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

unfairly dismissed for gross misconduct. Appeal active

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unfairly dismissed for gross misconduct. Appeal active

I have put in an appeal for being sacked for gross mosconduct but I still have heard nothing. Is their a time limit in which the employer has to repl?

Although I have appealled, I am through to stage 3 of another job application but am worried if a reference is requeasted that they will give me a poor reference if at all.

I worked for this company for 26 yrs unblemished history and like others over a certain age have been pushed out after stress at work due to unfairPMR scores and work allocation.

Desperate for advice and help
    Tags: None

Re: unfairly dismissed for gross misconduct. Appeal active

Hi,
    You haven't given any details of why you was sacked for gross misconduct.
    This makes putting a defence together rather difficult.
    Do you have copies of the companies Disciplinary, Appeals and Grievance procedures.
    If not, write to the personnel officer at the company, and request copies to enable you to put together your appeal.
    Keep copies of all correspondence, with times and dates etc.
    Send letters by, signed for, recorded post.
    As for references from your company, they do not have to give one, but if they do, they must be honest.
    Perhaps you could send me a personal message explaining the circumstances on why you got dismissed.
    Write out your appeal again and send it, signed for, recorded post.
    Put on the top of the letter, ( Copy. Original submitted to ( Company ) (date) ).
    Providing you are not outside of any time limits with your first appeal, this keeps the appeal open and the company must respond.
    Are you in a union?
    Did the company inform you of your rights before dismissing you.
    All these things need to be sorted out.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

[I have followed all procedures. No official investigation has takenplace into the incident.

The supervidorwho escalated this to disciplinary failedto accept that I requested a change in the incident report once I haspd had time to consider the events further which are significant. I can post copies of latter comms in writing re mitigation submitted prior to the appeal hearing if you wish to see this. It fully encases the situation and extenuating circumstances

QUOTE=Johnboy007;451990]Hi,
      You haven't given any details of why you was sacked for gross misconduct. I was sacked due to suspected ladders falling from my van. I am anTelecomms/Engineer. I was pushed to mak an immediate report. I do have extensive comms with the HR/Management.
      This makes putting a defence together rather difficult.
      Do you have copies of the companies Disciplinary, Appeals and Grievance procedures.
      If not, write to the personnel officer at the company, and request copies to enable you to put together your appeal.
      Keep copies of all correspondence, with times and dates etc.
      Send letters by, signed for, recorded post.
      As for references from your company, they do not have to give one, but if they do, they must be honest.
      Perhaps you could send me a personal message explaining the circumstances on why you got dismissed.
      Write out your appeal again and send it, signed for, recorded post.
      Put on the top of the letter, ( Copy. Original submitted to ( Company ) (date) ).
      Providing you are not outside of any time limits with your first appeal, this keeps the appeal open and the company must respond.
      Are you in a union?
      Did the company inform you of your rights before dismissing you.
      All these things need to be sorted out.
      Hope to hear from you soon.[/QUOTE]

Comment

If you can send me copies of the letters via personal message, I will read through them and get back to you ASAP.
        You say you have followed all procedures, yet no investigation has taken place.
        The investigation should have started at the very beginning of the disciplinary hearing you attended.
        That is the idea of the hearing.
        To hear/see all evidence and then make a decision on the outcome of that meeting.
        You also should have the right of an appeal.
        Your amended statement should be put in writing and copies sent to your company and Union official.
        State that having had time to reflect on the incident, you realised that you have missed out important facts on your original statement, that may very well have some baring on the decision made by the company.
        Ask for this statement to be put on file and be made available at your appeal.
        Do this as quickly as you can.
        If you send it by post, then send it recorded and signed for.
        Keep copies of all correspondence you send or receive, including dates and times.
        Good luck.
        “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X