• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work

A colleague of mine is having problems with a group of people who are trying to prevent her from working.

Unclear as to their motivation:
    The reason could be something to do with her husband wanting to divorce her and to ensure that he gets half of what they own (as she had initially put more into the proverbial marriage pot than him) by him 'catching up' with putting more in so that they are 'even' - not sure.
    Or it could merely be a vendetta or someone who has an axe to grind with her.

However what has been happening is that each job that she is in, the people spread rumours about her to cast her in a poor light. They have even gone as far as planting things in her bag so that it looks like she has stolen them and general nasty rumours. Making it look as though she has done something wrong. She has said that they talk as though they have been offered money to do this.

As a result of all this she does not hold down a job for very long, leaving due to the constant bullying.
    The woman is hard working and honest and is perplexed with the situation, not knowing what to do.
    What should I suggest she do?
    Tags: None

Re: work

So various people at various places of employment have targeted her, and she believes her husband, whom shes divorcing, is behind this? In other words, shes claiming that every time she starts a new job, he finds out where and somehow manages to bribe other employees to bully her, make false accusations and etc etc.

Sorry, but without any evidence to support her suspicions that her husband is behind it, then that does sound a bit far fetched to be honest.

Surely if she suspects her husband is behind it, then it best not to tell him, or anyone for that matter, where she is working!
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I am thinking the same as you Teaboy seems rather farfetched betting it was a really tough divorce and marriage.

Comment

despite who is behind it, what should the woman do about it? as it happens to her in each job she takes.
        what steps should she take when it next happens?

Comment

How does the Ex know the people where she has or is worked?
          does she have any proof that he is doing this Would be very hard to prove anthing unless someone can come forward to say he has done or said something

Comment

It's all about evidence.

She can visit the police, try and get a court order etc. However without enough evidence to persuade a neutral person then she's stuck.

As described, very few will find the events believable. That's not to say they are not true but for someone with power to help they have to believe what is said.

If the evidence exists or can be obtained (statements etc) she can do something. If not i'd say moving a long way away would seem the best option.

M1

Comment

This doesn't add up, sorry. If her soon to be ex-husband is after her money, the last thing he would do is to prevent her from working!

It's more likely that there's something about her personality and/or behaviour that results in her getting into the described situations. If this really is happening in every job, I think she should see a career coucillor or psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by equatorial View Post
                despite who is behind it, what should the woman do about it? as it happens to her in each job she takes.
                what steps should she take when it next happens?
                Sorry, but if this is happening at every work place your friend is employed at, then this is not an employment issue, its an harassment issue instigated by her husband. That means she needs to speak to the police about it. So even though you said "Despite who's behind it", its who's behind it that needs to be dealt with. As from an employers perspective, if she went in and told them what you have told us, and i speak from my own experience as a employer, the employer would think its a bit far fetched, is she saying it as a cover in case she is ever caught stealing?!

This is not an issue with one employer, it sounds like multiple employers where the instigator behind it all is her husband. So what do you expect us to say that can be done about it? Because from an employment perspective there's nothing that can be done about it. So that leaves her only one alternative and report the incidents to the police!! Sure employers have a duty to stop harassment and bullying in the work place, so speaking to her current employer and informing them of her suspicions and reporting incidents of bullying/harassment in her current workplace, and the employees behind it, to the current employer is another option that should be followed along with reporting to police.

How long has the divorce been going on for?

How many jobs has she had since the divorce proceedings began?

How many of those jobs has she been sacked from as a result or faced disciplinary procedure?
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Right, did these problems start occurring after or around the time that her divorce proceedings commenced?

If she's already separated from her husvand how does he know where she works if she's working on short term contracts as it sounds?

Comment

Is the OP for real?

They haven't answered any questions some of us have asked in order to help them.

Unfortunately there has been an increasing number of nuisance posts recently. I hope this wasn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
                      Is the OP for real?

They haven't answered any questions some of us have asked in order to help them.

Unfortunately there has been an increasing number of nuisance posts recently. I hope this wasn't one of them.
                      It seems that the OP and her friend do not reside in the UK - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...273#post432273

Note how OP states they moved to a country with law same as UK.

Equatorial - If you really want our help, you need to tell us everything in as much detail as possible in one thread and not spread out over 2 or 3 different threads, including which country your friend is in. Because although other countries legal systems are based on the UK legal system, they are not the same laws, procedures, rules, regulations as the UK employment laws or UK civil Laws etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X