• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Stole from employer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stole from employer

Where do I start I got myself in to debt and was spending money I did not have I took loans out and credit cards and catalogues and I was getting deeper and deeper into debt to make things worse I was stealing from where I worked started small and got bigger I knew I was doing it but could not stop myself thou I hated myself I felt ill all the time could not sleep I was living a lie lying to my family and friends but I just could not ask for help I felt so ashamed now I have been caught I left work last week and got caught shoplifting where I worked the police were called and I was given a fixed penalty notice I have a meeting in Tuesday with my employer there is no excuse for what I have done I know that I will be sacked and deserve that I know but can they take me to court I don't know how long they have been watching me do I come clean and tell them everything or do I just wait to hear what they say I know I have done a terrible thing I just don't know how I let myself get to this I have a loving family and good friends and now I have let them all down I can not understand how it got to this my life is a mess I am a mess please could someone give me any advice on what to do much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Stole from employer

Tell the truth to your Employer and tell your close family they will support you through this no need to bottle it all up.
    You have made mistakes and done silly things that are not your normal behaviour,Everyone can make mistakes now you realise time to get help and support.
    More advice on here its not the end of the world with support and help you will be OK
    Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Tell the truth to your Employer and tell your close family they will support you through this no need to bottle it all up.
      You have made mistakes and done silly things that are not your normal behaviour,Everyone can make mistakes now you realise time to get help and support.
      More advice on here its not the end of the world with support and help you will be OK
      Good luck

Have told my husband and kids that was the first step now my employer is the second along with my close friends I then think I need to get help I can not live feeling the way I do my husband as stood by me and he will help me through this he said don't think I deserve this but I have told him the truth now and it's a weight off my shoulders thank you for your advice

Comment

Tell your family the truth sure, but I'm not sure that you need to tell your employer everything unless they already know. I would personally wait until I knew what evidence they had.
        Nothing I say should be taken as qualified expert advice. I am not an expert in anything.

If you decide to act on anything I have posted you agree not to hold me liable in any way.

If you are unsure then you need to take proper advice from someone who is an expert.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X