• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Withheld Pay - advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withheld Pay - advice needed

Hi

I have worked for a company for 8 years - unblemished employment

Contracted pay rate is £10.50 per hour
    I have been working away from home on an agreed rate of £130 per day for a number of weeks which has been paid every week along with 'dig' money - so far so good

Last week I gave a weeks notice in writing, worked the period (away from home) and left on good terms

On receing my payslip this week I have been underpaid approx £250. On contacting my ex boss I was told that they only had to pay me the contracted rate for hours done not the daily rate I had been receiving, all other money was correct

Can they do this legally?

Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Withheld Pay - advice needed

They are wrong, by you both mutually agreeing a day rate of £130 plus dig money for the period you were working away this constituted a binding variation of contract.

By them not paying you this it is regarded as a pay deduction, to which you did not agree.

As long as you worked your contracted notice and did not owe them any holidays etc then there is no argument.

Inform them of this and tell them you expect the outstanding amount to be paid immediately or at latest at the next scheduled pay date wages are normally paid ( i.e if weekly next week)

You may also want to contact me or Ciaran (mention Jules @ legalbeagles so he is aware), have a read here
    ITN / Channel 4 news request: Are you owed money by your employer?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanx for that

Im trying to contact the HR head to put these points across. Ive one more part week wage to receive - 2 days of work away + 3 days holiday. I know the 2 days will be at the reduced rate as my ex boss told me - but i also know of people who have had the holidays kept back. Petty behaviour

Comment

Well if you do not get what is due, definitely contact Ciaran
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X