• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Should I be paid for all my roles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be paid for all my roles?

I work for a small telecoms company, and I'm concerned that I'm not being paid in full for my time. I have a number of roles, the main one being the management of inventory, prepping and sending stock out to customers, etc. This is what my pay review says that my salary is based on, in that they split roles into 'families'. However, I have other roles that I have been performing for over two years, such as SEO and copy/content writing, which account for 15% or so of my current job description and are very clearly not in the same family. I see no mention of these on my pay review. I intend to find out if this is included in my salary, but in the event that it is not, what options do I have? Can I request that my pay is re-reviewed with this in mind? Can I just stop performing these roles? If I ask to be paid for this but my employers refuse, what options do I have?

Thanks in advance for your time. (Some) further details can be provided if needed. Cheers!
    Tags: None

Re: Should I be paid for all my roles?

it depends how you feel about the matter, how clear and specific is your job spec in comparision to the role that you are carrying out? if you were only to complete your job role as you belive it is defined I'm guessing that 15% of your week you would be stood around with your hands in your pockets?

Personally I am of the view that I'm employed for 38 hours for X wage to complete tasks within a area of a buisness. just because i manage a department it does not mean i should not be willing to do the filing or lick envlops just because its not written in black and white.

Comment

Re: Should I be paid for all my roles?

I guess I should have explained a little more. My job is essentially the licking envelopes part, and that's what I'm specifically paid for. I'd be getting paid more for the other stuff if that was my main role, but it's not acknowledged at all. I'm okay with that if it means I can stop having to focus on it. I'm currently so busy with the main part of the work that we're having to hire in some temporary help. This basically means we're paying someone else to do the jobs I'm paid for in order to give me more time to work on the jobs I'm not paid for. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal, but it's a bit frustrating not to be able just to get on with what you signed on to do. Thanks for the input.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X