• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Zero Hours Contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Hours Contract

Hi,

I wonder whether anyone out there can help me. I have a zero hours contract, and have done for the past 5 years or so. Although I have a zero hours contract I have always had more or less full time hours (37.5). For the past 18months I have been doing night hours, which mean I have been receiving time and a half for my shifts. Now, I am due annual leave and have booked some time off. My employer is going to be paying me basic hours for a day shift. Others in my position who work the same shifts as me i.e. nights, are paid the night rate when off on annual leave, but they say I am not entitled to this as I am on a zero hours contract. My argument is that those annual leave hours were accumulated while working night shifts, and therefore I should be treated the same as them. I am a member of the Union, and was contemplating approaching them, but thought you guys may be able to help me. Thanks.

Re: Zero Hours Contract

Hi Cymru and welcome to Legal Beagles.

Sorry your post wasn't answered yesterday. Before going to your Trade Union, it would be wise to contact ACAS and find out what the current position is as regards Zero Hours Contracts. ACAS is part of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and provides impartial advice to employees and employers alike. And their advice is free. If you then need to put pressure on your employer to stop playing silly beggars, that is when your involve your TU.

Bluebottle
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Re: Zero Hours Contract

Sorry to disagree BB but if it were me I would go straight to the Union for advice and support. That's why you pay to be a member - they have access to vast legal and professional resources to advise and act on your behalf.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X