• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Confusing Dismissal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confusing Dismissal

may i ask how did they suspend you in that you work for an agency

was it by a phone call for example

Comment

i was called to the office and sat down and told an email had arrived from the co-ordinator of Lambeth Social Services Department. My agency have been on my side and been fairly supportive in recognising it is an non proven allegation with out much evidence. The email that was sent to my agency reads as follows:
      Due to the report received about your Supervisor smelling of Cannabis when he arrived to supervise contact on the 7th of April 2012. It has been decided that you do not send Mr E to supervise any further contacts until further investigation has been completed.

Is it the council or agency not following procedures.

Comment

ok then so if the agency is being supportive, why have they suspended you

why have they not given you another assignment while the investigations are going on

this is all down to the agency

Comment

the agency have not suspended me. The council who they attain the contract from have suspended me and they have been unable to offer me my job back. I am still eligible for other work not relating to Lambeth council through my agency.

Comment

has the agency offered you work and have you accepted other assignments since the suspension from the council contract through the agency

Comment

yes they have offered me work but not in the field i wish to be working in.

Comment

has the agency stated that they will not be offering you employment in your area of expertise until the council investigation has been completed

the other work offered, has that ment a large drop in salary

Comment

Originally posted by Mr E View Post
                  i have just managed to get this email from my agency. Please read as follows: This is the email that was sent that led to my suspension.

On Saturday 7th April at around 10am I was working on the computer when I smelt cannabis . When I looked up I saw Mr E.. I looked at the security guard who had also looked up. Mr E left the room with the W family. I asked the security if he could smell cannabis and he said yes. There were a lot of people in the room at the time. A few days later I asked Mr E if I could have a word with him. I told him that I had smelt cannabis on him on the day in question. I also informed him that the security had smelt the same thing. He asked me how I knew it was him and I looked at him and told him that I am not stupid. I told him that clients are not allowed to have contact if they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol or drugs. He said okay. The conversation ended.

There were over 15 people in the reception area of the building where I work in the day in question. I asked my co-worker how she had come to the conclusion it was with me bearing in my mind I had walked in with a group of people. Can I really be suspended on a simple allegation that I never admitted to or was found guilty of.
                  From the above email, one could quite as easily conclude that the smell of cannabis had emanated from the W family.

One should also question how or why the author of the email or the security goon might just happen to know the smell of cannabis so well that they could recognise it at once.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X