• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

blubottle needed/police action/employment disciplinary issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: blubottle needed/police action/employment disciplinary issue

Do you think he charged overtime for calling you after civilized working hours?

Comment

I am beginning to wonder if this case will ever get to court, what with the shenanigans that appear to be going on.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...8_looking.html

sorry guys don't mean to butt in but was reading the post from old, and thought the above link might help with the cctv stuff....

Out of the way now....

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
          http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...8_looking.html

sorry guys don't mean to butt in but was reading the post from old, and thought the above link might help with the cctv stuff....

Out of the way now....
          the police have just given me a copy of the CCTV they are using, it realy is of such poor quality. i have the exact copy, but mine was downloaded straight from the digital recorder onto a memory stick, the police copy is on a CD

Comment

If you are to use the recording and feel it needs to be re-mastered then IMHO i would check up on the law. If you were to digitally enhance the images, then it may not stand up as a third party has had access to them. I do beleive, however, that a court may grant a third party to work on the images if it feels the case will benefit. This would obviously need to be checked out by yourself before you decided what to do with the recording, as i'm no expert. Hope it helps. It's handy to WORK in an industry that has dealings with cctv....

Comment

If it is a first generation copy you have, Miliitant, it will need to be presented to the court in a form in which it can be viewed. With video, it is best to burn it onto a DVD, not a CD as the police have done. A standard DVD will hold 4.7Gb, whereas a standard CD will only hold 700Mb maximum, which is why the police have a copy which is of crap quality. It will also depend in which digital video format the digital recorder has saved the footage, e.g. avi, wmv, mp4, mpeg-2, H.264, mxf.

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
                ] ... my member any myself went to the business occupational health offices today for an appointment with the doctor. straight away she started asking questions on the alleged incident ...
                How did the doctor learn of this? If the examination was solely with regard to depression, then that should have been the only thing that the doctor was told. It would seem that the employer has disclosed information that should have remained confidential.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                  How did the doctor learn of this? If the examination was solely with regard to depression, then that should have been the only thing that the doctor was told. It would seem that the employer has disclosed information that should have remained confidential.
                  If this is true, the employer could be in very serious trouble indeed.

Comment

the saga still unfolds

the copper has just phoned me again and asked if i have had any response to the email he sent yesterday to the CPS, which i have not

he is now stating that all files were turned over to the CPS, (YESTERDAY IT WAS IN ARCHIVE)

HE has advised me to speak to the chap from THE CPS at the magistrates court in the morning

this seems no more than passing the buck, and remember, i have a case management at union HQ on friday with the barrister,

HE WOULD EXPECT ME TO HAVE THESE STATEMENTS

Comment

This copper sounds like he is panicking about something. I would not be at all surprised if it was to do with the statements. I would ring the CPS office directly and ask what is going on. I never did like bent coppers - they give decent coppers a bad name - and this one sounds bent. I hope I am wrong.

Comment

just an update

after a case management conference with the barrister and solicitor today

it has been decided to write to the court and ask for an adjournment of the trial to a later date

cant say to much but its for expert witnesses

Comment

Sounds like a wise move, Miliitant. However, my gut-feeling is that this case is either going to be dropped or thrown out of court.

Comment

my gut-feeling is that this case is either going to be dropped or thrown out of court.

i have been saying that all along

i just cant understand on how flimsy this case is yet the still push and push

its not fair on my member all this waiting for a decision

Comment

There's too many inconsistencies on the part of the employer and failures to follow proper procedures by the police. I would recommend you and your union's legal team take a look at CPS Legal Guidance under Perverting the Course of Justice. This covers making false allegations to the police which result in the arrest and/or prosecution of persons. It also makes references to persons such as your member. It might be helpful.

Comment

just a question for bluebottle

we have a hearing at the magistrates court next week on an application by the union barrister to postpone the trial date. in your experience, is this normally permitted extension applications. at the end of the day, its down to the magistrate to agree or not to agree the application

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X