• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

delayed suspesion update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delayed suspesion update

Ok here's an update and another question! (Delayed suspension original post if you dont understand what this is about lol)

I have looked in the managers log book and there are many incidents where other people have more seriously blocked fire exits! Some of these are managers!!!

There was no further action whatsoever taken against the people who commited those offences, so could i say they are treating unfairly.

Also i asked why people had been ringing me and texting me to ask why i was suspended before i knew anything about the incident and the reply i got was

"well you know what this place is like, all the gossip" followed by a crude snigger!

they also falsified my witness statement, it was totally different to the recorded phone call i have. No i didnt sign it either!

thanks in advance ;0)
    Tags: None

Re: delayed suspesion update

Link to other thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=33980
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

just a quick question!

If i ask them for something or ask them for to let me look at something, can they refuse this, if it is going to help with my defence?

Comment

Hi nutrance,

You have a right to prepare & include evidence which supports your case in any disciplinary meeting.

See the following ACAS guidance - a more detailed version is available to download via the ACAS webite.

http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/h/m...procedures.pdf

If permission is refused because of potential 3rd party disclosure, refer them to s35 Data Protection Act 1998
        http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/section/35
        Last edited by charitynjw; 22nd April 2012, 11:59:AM.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I have not recieved any of my notes or witness statements in the post or by hand as promised by my employer, can they do this or can i adjourn my meeting tomorrow as i have not recieved them?

Comment

Do you have a 'companion'?

If it was me, I would probably attend, especially if on paid suspension of duties.

But, I would email beforehand to state that, as they have failed to provide the promised statements in good time or at all, they have not given any opportunity for a proper consideration of the alleged complaint, & will request an adjurnment if necessary.

This would give you the chance of obtaining all the other documentation that you need - also, request this in writing & obtain a signed copy from the person conducting the meeting.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by nutrance View Post
              I have not recieved any of my notes or witness statements in the post or by hand as promised by my employer, can they do this or can i adjourn my meeting tomorrow as i have not recieved them?
              Unless your employer wants to get slated at an ET, they have to "show their hand", so to speak. If they don't, an ET can and will enter a finding against them or increase any damages payable. It would appear ET hearings are not exempt from CPR.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

OK so 6 weeks later i am still suspended to no avail! And they have just been to my house to request thee CCTV back they gave me, they said its because they have 5 other copies flying around and they wanted to make sure theyre all the same??

They also said they wanted to go through my pack of notes to make sure i have everything i need! Why? They know what they have given me as i have to sign for it all! All this outside my house in a car????

They also keep making remarks that i have been in contact with a fellow employee who is also suspended with me! I know it is detrimental in my defence to tell me i contact anyone, but i havent anyway!

I have a greviance meeting on Monday so I am wondering if they are worried because they know they have made mistakes!

Comment

Do not give them anything back, it is their responsibility to ensure the evidence is stored safely and correctly. If they fail to do so then its negligence and would likely mean their case will fall apart. Make a record of them asking you for the CCTV and Documentation making it clerar it is your believe they are trying to prejudice your defense against their claims by getting evidence back from you and preventing you from futher access to said evidence.

Did you make a formal grievance to them about the way your were being treated?

Also who was it that was asking you for the return or evidence and documentation? Where they the accuser or HR?
                  Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hi it was HR who said they needed the CCTV back but it was also the same person that has accused me of contacting the other suspendee! I have put in about 8 different greviances on the way they have handled the situation! Also i have found out today that they said they didnt know i was forklift driver until the 1st April which is why they asked me to keep on with my duties on the 29th and 30th March. I now have proof that they signed the investigation off as complete on the 29th March (the day they found the pallet)! They are being reall a**sy at the mooment as though they are trying to damage limitate! They also falsified my witness statement which i DID NOT sign! They accep a rewritten that i wrote and i have a copy of the one they falsified!

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
                    Do not give them anything back, it is their responsibility to ensure the evidence is stored safely and correctly. If they fail to do so then its negligence and would likely mean their case will fall apart. Make a record of them asking you for the CCTV and Documentation making it clerar it is your believe they are trying to prejudice your defense against their claims by getting evidence back from you and preventing you from futher access to said evidence.

Did you make a formal grievance to them about the way your were being treated?

Also who was it that was asking you for the return or evidence and documentation? Where they the accuser or HR?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X