• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Urgent Employment Lawyer Advise Needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent Employment Lawyer Advise Needed!

Originally posted by Noushki View Post
    Hi
    I am not disputing with them the one unpaid day back in April 2011, cause i think it is too late for this.
    But that is exactly what you are doing when your querying the new rule, which no it can not be enforced on you if it is not in the contract or company hand book. Also its not to late as statue of limitation act allows upto 6 years to reclaim money. Yes you won't be able to use the employment tribunal since its been 3 months since the date, but you can still argue your point and even goto the small claims court or contact ACAS for advice and or mediation. Though you could goto tribunal to dispute the rule on the basis that it applies continously (therefore meaning the 3 month rule does not applying) yet does not appear in contract or in company hand book where you can then include the deduction of wages you incurred as supporting evidence.

So in order to dispute the alleged new rule, you have to provide your reasoning as to why your disputing it, and using the fact they deducted a days wage from you despite the fact you did the work is the best way of doing so, because since you still did the work, then it is irrelevant as to whether you were sick at home or not when you did the work, because the work was still done and as such you should still be paid for any work you did. Especially when they were still paying others that were in hospital full salary for the weeks they had off work, therefore having one rule for one and another rule (Discrimination) that does not appear in the company handbook for others like yourselve that still did the work required of them even though you were at home sick. Hence why i said to write a letter in my previous post.
    Last edited by teaboy2; 1st November 2011, 09:58:AM.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

What do you think about this?

Dear xxx
      I appreciate that company has a right to suspend paying for sick leave at any time and I am aware it is stated in my contract, but I feel that I am not being treated fairly in comparison to other employees.

I recently noted that 2 other employees who were off work sick for few weeks were still paid full salary. Despite performing my duties from home for 2 days back in April I was deducted a day wage in accordance to this new and previously unknown policy that does not appear on my contract or in the company handbook. The rules should be the same for all employees and such rules or policy should be in my employment contract or in the company handbook to be legally enforceable.

I appreciate that they were treated in the hospital, but where in my contract or in employee handbook does it state which illness is considered “special circumstances” and which illness is considered serious enough for you to decide to pay or not my sick leave? NHS confirms that even flu or simple chest infection may occasionally turn into life threatening complications, affecting especially those with a low immunity system and as you are well aware I am one of those people.

Comment

Originally posted by Noushki View Post
        What do you think about this?

Dear xxx
        I appreciate that company has a right to suspend paying for sick leave at any time and I am aware it is stated in my contract, but I feel that I am not being treated fairly in comparison to other employees.

I recently noted that 2 other employees who were off work sick for few weeks were still paid full salary. Despite performing my duties from home for 2 days back in April I was deducted a day wage in accordance to this new and previously unknown policy that does not appear on my contract or in the company handbook i.e. 7 day rule to be specific, as no mention of the 7 day rule appears in my contract or the company handbook. The rules should be the same for all employees and such rules or policy should be in my employment contract or in the company handbook to be legally enforceable. The fact that i had still completed all work, when i was sick, that i would have been required to do if i had not been off sick could make such deduction an unlawful deduction of wages under the employment rights act - As i still completed my work even though i was at home sick at the time and was therefore technically working from home.

I appreciate that they were treated in the hospital, but where in my contract or in employee handbook does it state which illness is considered “special circumstances” and which illness is considered serious enough for you to decide to pay or not my sick leave? NHS confirms that even flu or simple chest infection may occasionally turn into life threatening complications, affecting especially those with a low immunity system and as you are well aware I am one of those people. Also the fact you treat myself and maybe others differently to those employees that require hospital treatment may itself be deemed discrimination, i.e. treating one catagory differently to that of the other.
        That should do it.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Thank you so much! I am scared to send it, but I have to do it. Office Manager dislikes me cause I always question those issues and I speak my mind, so I know it will get me into trouble, but I do not want to be treated unfairly because of my health. I had blood cancer and I suffered enough and I do not wish to suffer anymore by being discriminated.

Comment

It will not get you into trouble at all, if it does you need make a grievance against the manager, because whether he likes you or not he must still treat you the same as any other employee and respect your right to question such rules or company policy. In other words it will be the office manager that is in trouble if he tells you off, makes things difficult for you or tries to discipline you or even starts picking your work to find reason to discipline you i.e. Victimisation. Its worth noting that alot of employees do not realise they are victims of victimisation and that maybe the case with yourself, depending on what incidents have already occured between you and the office manager.

Victimisation is a concept in employment law. It refers to situations where people are targeted with abuse, suffer detriment to their employment conditions or are dismissed as a result of bringing a claim for another form of discrimination. If an employee is "victimised" for complaining about another part of work, then a separate and independent claim for such treatment would arise. If an employee has brought a discrimination claim, acted as a witness in someone else's claim or raised issues relating to potential discrimination, any action taken against them because of this will be unlawful.

Comment

Girls, advise, please, a good lawyer or a lawyer on family affairs and divorces! The situation is not the most pleasant... My husband went to another, left me with a five-year-old child, and now going to evict from the apartment in which we are registered with the child...(( I wish I could consult with a knowledgeable person! We live now in England, but we made out the marriage in Ukraine. Should I look for a lawyer http://legals.in.ua/top/ at home? Or it can be done here?
              Last edited by gfkoois; 3rd May 2019, 10:51:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X