• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suspended from work and going on AL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspended from work and going on AL

I will try to keep this concise. I have been suspended from work this afternoon re 'missing funds'. I was responsible for sending a package of some money (£200) and some papers to the head office, i decided to take it in person, but left it in hubby's car, so as he was going to work 200 miles away he was told to send the package to the head office via DHL service point.

Here is where the trouble began, said package has disappeared into the either! i have a receipt, and a tracking number but it does not exist on their system, he paid on his debit card, so only he can deal with it.

I was driven home by my employer today to meet hubby after his chat with DHL, i called my boss and said we had to go back at 3pm for another meeting, 45 minutes later they suspended me from work on pay.

I go on annual leave the day after next, and i am panicked that DHL are not going to supply the evidence i need to clear my name prior to leaving for my AL.........I do no want this to drag on.

also i am concerned that although they have evidence that i have they are pushing me, and DHL are really dragging their feet. I know this package was sent, i want to clear my name but I have less than 8 hours to do this, is this reasonable to request an extension until i return from AL?

Lolly
    Tags: None

Re: Suspended from work and going on AL

An extension of what?

Comment

Also, what timescales are involved here, how many days ago did your husband drop the package into the DHL Service point? When should it have arrived at Head Office?

I do not understand why your Employer is acting this way if you have a receipt and a tracking number from DHL for the shipment! Surely, the onus is on DHL to resolve the issue and not you or your husband. If DHL will not talk directly to your Employer then how about getting your Husband to write a letter of authority authorising your Employer to deal with this matter directly in his absence.

Budgie

Comment

I would take photocopies of the consignment note, which will have the tracking number on it, and the receipt for payment and give a copy of each to your employer. As Budgie says I would also do a letter giving authority for your employer to speak on your hubby's behalf whilst you are on annual leave.
        Unfortunately if you read DHL's terms and conditions you will be find that do not carry money, valuables nor glass, and said items are sent at your own risk, so there will not be any compensation.
        We have our own freight and courier business and are the biggest re-sellers for DHL, Fedex, UPS and UK Mail to name just a few, therefore we have access to info that the public cannot see, if you would like to PM me the tracking number I will look on our system for you, as we can see more than you can if you get my drift.

Comment

Unfortunately if you read DHL's terms and conditions you will be find that do not carry money, valuables nor glass, and said items are sent at your own risk, so there will not be any compensation.

But there employers instucted them to use the DHL service point so any loss is on the employer surely.
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            But there employers instucted them to use the DHL service point so any loss is on the employer surely.
            [/color][/left]
            Exactly PF the onus is definately on the employer.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
              Exactly PF the onus is definately on the employer.
              Except for this part...
              Originally posted by lollylolly View Post
              ...i decided to take it in person, but left it in hubby's car...
              You'd have to be pretty stupid, or pretty desperate, to steal such a sum and so obviously too, so I would imagine that the suspension is merely procedural while an investigation is made into precisely what happened.

It is quite normal to be suspended on fully pay while such an investigation is carried out and as such, no judgment as to culpability is made or should be drawn from this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X