• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help : suspended on pay but not been paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help : suspended on pay but not been paid

Thought you'd all like to know this weeks wages have been paid on-time but, I still have nothing from him regarding the suspension. How long do i wait to get this information? or do i just keep taking his money? (whilst its being paid).
    Also can i look for another job whilst i'm suspended and can i take another job whilst suspended? The reason i ask is that there is a clause in the contract forbidding employees from taking driving work without the permission of the company (cant remember exactly how this is worded but it's a standard clause in any drivers contract to prevent an employer unwittingly breaching drivers hours regulations).

Comment

Hiya

Check this Worksmart link out below, it may be of some help for you.

http://www.worksmart.org.uk/rights/i...rom_work_while

Often disciplinary procedures will contain a provision enabling the employer to suspend an individual, with pay, whilst an investigation takes place into allegations of misconduct. However, employers should not suspend you without considering, and discussing with you the alternatives. Also, any period of suspension should be for the minimum period possible, and should be kept under review.
      Although the decision to suspend is not necessarily disciplinary in nature, when suspension takes place it is normally in circumstances involving potential gross misconduct, or where relationships have broken down, or where it is considered there are risks to your employer's property, or where your employer has responsibilities to other parties. Therefore, in addition to the damage to your standing amongst your colleagues etc, and ability to practice your skills, you should view such suspension as potentially leading to dismissal.
      If you have not already done so you should contact a representative who might accompany you to any subsequent disciplinary interview and discuss the situation. The law allows you to take a union representative or a colleague with you (and where the consequence for career are severe – a lawyer).
      Before attending any subsequent disciplinary, make sure you're given full information about the allegations against you and any evidence on which your employer might be relying.

Comment

Nothing to stop you looking for another job - I'd stop short of working for another organisation until your employment has ended with your current one.

You could ask them 'if an opportunity arises may you take temporary work to keep your skills current', don't expect them to say yes.

Next steps write with the following

Ask for clarification of the reason for your suspension, how long will this continue, what are the review periods, when is the matter going to be decided and by whom
        Take a witness to any future meetings, ask for the meeting to be minuted and you be supplied with a record of the meeting within 7 days,
        Request everything in writing and that they confirm any future telephone conversations in writing.
        Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Originally posted by Pyotor View Post
          Thnx for your help guys n gals, Looked up my local CAB but found they weren't open for a couple of days. Also been reading posts similar to this one and found a link to ACAS so i gave them a call they pretty much told me to do the same as frisp said so i have written a formal letter requiring reasons for my suspension in writing and payment of my wages and any other wages due by the time they get the letter (due another weeks wages on friday) within the next 7 days. ACAS have told me that if i dont get a response within those 7 days give them a call and they will help me. I'll let you all know how it progresses, thnx again for the advice.
          Click the thanks button mate its easier than saying thanks
          Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

I can't see (in posts) the given reason for suspension.
            However, have you tried ADR (dispute resolution).
            Have a look on the ACAS website.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X