• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Further and Better Particulars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further and Better Particulars

Hello LB Forum! I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have started a claim in the employment tribunal, the Respondent has submitted their ET3 but alongside this they have also asked me for 'Further and Better particular of claims'. In this letter there are various numbered questions.

I understand the questions and ok to respond but I don't know in which format my response needs to be. Do I need to amend the original particulars of claim? Or do i just respond to the questions in a separate document? If so, how does this document need to be headed and formatted? Can I add anything else to the document apart from answers to their questions?
    Tags: None

Hi
    Unlike civil claims which are governed by cpr, there is no set procedure for applying for further information (Part 18 request)
    The respondent is following established procedure in an employment tribunal by writing to you direct and asking for answers to their questions.
    You should answer their questions very carefully, not providing unnecessary info that you may come to regret.
    If you fail to answer their questions within a reasonable time (at least 7 days), the respondent is within their right to apply to the tribunal for an order from the tribunal that this info is provided
    Do not alter your particulars of claim. Respond by a separate document (letter)
    Last edited by Pezza54; 17th September 2024, 16:09:PM.

Comment

tagging ULA who is our expert on employment tribunal cases.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
        Hi
        Unlike civil claims which are governed by cpr, there is no set procedure for applying for further information (Part 18 request)
        The respondent is following established procedure in an employment tribunal by writing to you direct and asking for answers to their questions.
        You should answer their questions very carefully, not providing unnecessary info that you may come to regret.
        If you fail to answer their questions within a reasonable time (at least 7 days), the respondent is within their right to apply to the tribunal for an order from the tribunal that this info is provided
        Do not alter your particulars of claim. Respond by a separate document (letter)
        Thank you Pezza. You say to respond in a separate letter. Does this need to also be sent to the court?

Comment

Please read the article "How to put together a list of documents: Tom's quick 10 minute guide"
          These letters will feature in the tribunal bundle. The claimant and respondent should agree the contents of the bundle. If the respondent is employing a solicitor, the solicitor will be better positioned to prepare the bundle
          Last edited by ULA; 17th September 2024, 18:07:PM. Reason: Removed external link

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
            Please read the article "How to put together a list of documents: Tom's quick 10 minute guide" at www.tribunalclaim.com
            These letters will feature in the tribunal bundle. The claimant and respondent should agree the contents of the bundle. If the respondent is employing a solicitor, the solicitor will be better positioned to prepare the bundle
            Sorry I'm specifically talking about the further and better particulars. When I respond, should this also be sent to the tribunal?

Comment

Hi stark13 sorry to cut across another poster but I would suggest that the link in post #5 may not actually resolve the questions you have raised.

You cannot amend your original ET1 or original Particulars of Claim. You need to answer the questions in a separate document, ideally in the order that you have been asked. You need to answer the questions as fully as you can, also as in your particulars of claim if you have evidence to support your response/s then you need to set this out.

If you have anything further that is relevant to your claim as a consequence of what you have been asked by the Respondent, then you can add this in at the end of the document.

I have uploaded a template that may assist.

When sending this to the Respondent you should also sent to the ET so they have it on record.
              Attached Files
              If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
              If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post
                Hi stark13 sorry to cut across another poster but I would suggest that the link in post #5 may not actually resolve the questions you have raised.

You cannot amend your original ET1 or original Particulars of Claim. You need to answer the questions in a separate document, ideally in the order that you have been asked. You need to answer the questions as fully as you can, also as in your particulars of claim if you have evidence to support your response/s then you need to set this out.

If you have anything further that is relevant to your claim as a consequence of what you have been asked by the Respondent, then you can add this in at the end of the document.

I have uploaded a template that may assist.

When sending this to the Respondent you should also sent to the ET so they have it on record.
                Thank you very much ULA, this is very helpful!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X