• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Tribunal exchanging documents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got the documents added, except one, I have emailed again. We have just noticed they have added something else, which is undated and from after my husband had left the company which really has no relevance to the fact my husband was dismissed for gross misconduct. Can we ask for them to remove it.

Comment

If that is a document they feel is relevant to their defence, even if you cannot see why then no you cannot ask them to remove it.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

They have just added it now not when we exchanged documents it is undated and not even clear what it is. Just feel a bit like they are trying to wear us down, Also they sent the hard copy before we could check it and now have added new documents so the hard copy has all the wrong page numbers.

Comment

There is an ongoing responsibility by both parties for disclosure, I have known documents be exchanged at a hearing with permission of the Judge.

Given the bundle has only just been sent I would ask them to update the index, repaginate and resend an new electronic version make this request on the basis that your husband would like to ensure his witness statement contains the correct page reference numbers to the bundle.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi Ula they have again sent a hard copy of the bundle which doesn’t march the index. This is now w a week after case management stated we must have a hard copy. We need to exchange statements not later than the 18/06. It seems that the respondent just gets away with what they want.

Comment

Your husband can just go back and ask the respondent to send an updated index to match the bundle.

As I keep saying up to a 14 day delay does not require any recourse to the Tribunal.

Your husbsnd can still work on his statement, the bundle page references can be added in at the very end just prior to him exchanging.

Comment

Hi Ula, thank you I understand that they can get 14 days but we have not agreed, this is just really stressful as we are both working full time my husbands statement is finished his witness has also finished theirs as well. It seems to always them being late with everything. Also on the day we exchange statements do I contact them before or just send them. Many thanks

Comment

Sorry to say but sometimes agreement is not sought. I appreciate your husband works full time and a tribunal process is stressful but if he is committed to pursuing the claim it does take time and effort to build the case and prepare for the hearing.

I would suggest that maybe the day before exchange of statements he sends an email to the other side asking to agree a time the following day that they simultaneously exchange.

Comment

Hi Ula, a totally different subject is it ok to ask eployees if they would voluntarily like to move to a new site, knowing that you are going to be making redundancies but have not informed them.

Comment

Where are the redundancies taking place, current or new site?
                      Is the new site already a company premises or in fact a completely new location for the company?
                      How far is it away?

As soon as it is known redundancies may need to be considered then a consultation process needs to start with staff straight away.

Comment

It is a company premises and they asked my husband to ask employees if they would like to move voluntarily to another site, before starting consultations.

Comment

So it is an existing company premises from what you have said.

Can you respond to my question in my previous post as to how far away is it from the current location.

How does he know that redundancy consultations are about to start?

Comment

The other site was about 20 miles away and they asked my husband to ask employees if they would like to voluntarily move knowing the site was going to close. He knew they were going to make redundancy’s as he was a manager and had been told.

Comment

Sorry Anna1962 I am still not clear as to which site is making the redundancies the current or the one people are being asked to go to.

If the current site is making the redundancies and people are being asked to go to the new site as a suitable alternative to redundancy, then it should be offered as part of the consultation process and not via your husband asking people.

If the new site is making redundancies and people are bring asked to move there, will they be doing so on the basis their job would be safe? Potentially then the current staff at that site, if made redundant, could raise a grievance about the process.

Also what is the basis for the redundancies; site completely closing, specific skills /departments or a general reduction in numbers across the board.

Also you are talking about this past tense, has it already happened?

Comment

It was the current site making the redundancies and people were being asked if they would like to go to a new site voluntarily. This was before any consultation process had started but was going to be made official.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X