• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Under investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under investigation

Hi
    Wonder if anyone has any advice on this matter
    I was told verbally 7 months ago that i was under investigation for a toxic environment in the stores where i work.
    I was not told in writing who the complainant was or any information on the matter at all.
    i was told that a outside company would do the investigation.
    6 months in i summited a letter asking for more information on the complaint so i could build some kind of defense.
    The reply i received was that they were sorry but after all this time i was not the accused but simply a witness to a incident (which i do not recall)
    6 months of stress thinking i was about to lose my job has had a impact on me and my wife.
    I am so angry about this i am considering putting a grievance against the local council who i have worked for for 27 years.( i am due to retire in 10 months)
    as the mental stress this has caused me and i wouldn't like to see it happen to anyone else
    Tags: None

I appreciate how distressing the situation must have been for you, especially given that you were in fact not the accused.

My question is, given you only have 10 months until you retire, could what say you would like to see happen, that is not wanting anyone else to go through what you have, be achieved any other way than by raising a grievance? It seems to me that there was a breakdown in process particularly in relation to the amount of time it took to come to the conclusion. Could that possibly be something raised in a meeting with HR / the store manager that could lead to a review of what happened and rewriting of the investigation process.

Just looking at a practical alternative that does not require you to enter another process. However, if you do not think this would result in the outcome you are looking for then a grievance it would need to be.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post
      I appreciate how distressing the situation must have been for you, especially given that you were in fact not the accused.

My question is, given you only have 10 months until you retire, could what say you would like to see happen, that is not wanting anyone else to go through what you have, be achieved any other way than by raising a grievance? It seems to me that there was a breakdown in process particularly in relation to the amount of time it took to come to the conclusion. Could that possibly be something raised in a meeting with HR / the store manager that could lead to a review of what happened and rewriting of the investigation process.

Just looking at a practical alternative that does not require you to enter another process. However, if you do not think this would result in the outcome you are looking for then a grievance it would need to be.
      Thank you for your reply.

i just feel that they should not be allowed to treat people this way and get away with it.
      also when i submitted my letter asking for information a few days later i was told my company van i drive and keep at a local depot would now need to be kept at HQ a round trip of 26 miles.
      i believe this was in retaliation for daring to question them.

I do agree with you, and maybe i should bite my tongue and get on with my last 10 months. (hard to win over these large company's)

Comment

I do understand your view.

Has the situation on your company van reverted to being kept at a local depot?

The decision on what to do from here is yours.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X