• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

SHAM Redundancy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHAM Redundancy?

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice as I know almost nothing about the situation I am in.

I have been told by my employer i am in a pool for considration of redundancy, pool was picked mainly by attendance, sick days etc.

I was told in a group meeting with a few other work colleagues, which i was suprised as there is only a few of us i would have thought it would have been done individually/personally.

Anyway we have been told we have till a certain date, around 3 weeks then we will be told the outcome, short and sweet meeting, main reason is company not hitting targets/loosing sales etc, this is the bit I don't get, as I have access to these records and the company is in a great positions and sales are almost record, I feel this is just a way of clearing out staff without risk, most others worked for less than 2 years, I have worked for around 9 years.

Currently off sick with viral infection, but was asked to attend meeting today.

I'm due to return to work in a few days but now feel a bit uncomfortable about this, any advise please on what i should do or if this sounds like a normal process.

Thanks

SS
    Tags: None

The initial announcement of a redundancy process being undertaken by a company can be done at a group meeting. thereafter if there is only a few of you affected then individual consultation is normal through the rest of the process. As part of the announcement information should have been given on the reasons the company has come to the decisions that there is a potential for redundancies, what areas and jobs will be affected which will then lead to that being the reason why your roles is in the selection pool.

In terms of the process then broadly over the next period there should be consultations to inform your of what the selection criteria will be for your pool, listening to any suggestions you have more mitigating the need for redundancies and consideration of any possible alternative positions that may be available for you to be considered for. Once the selection criteria have been scored then individuals will be informed as to whether they will be made redundant and what the arrangements there will be for them leaving the business i.e. having to work their notice or not, the redundancy payment due to them etc.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X